Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    I use one bottle of Lucas to a tank of fuel if I can’t find 94 octane fuel. Just note it is hard on plugs and sensors(all octane boosters). I have also seen where guys run it through with every tank and eventually starts to gum up valves and not let for proper sealing.

Do you guys ever throw in a little aviation blue leaded? It was supposed to push up octane in unleaded quite a bit when blended in. I did that in the old days with a street bike with high compression.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by guybb3 View Post
    Do you guys ever throw in a little aviation blue leaded? It was supposed to push up octane in unleaded quite a bit when blended in. I did that in the old days with a street bike with high compression.
    Had friend run it in a turbo setup and I think he ended having excessive lead deposits around the valves. I think he ended up doing like a 50/50 mix. With ethanol fuel so available now, I'd just use that if I was to build another turbo setup.

I tuned my buddies big 142 charger/Cam/Motec spinning up around 8700-8800 and he would end up running lower octane marina gas. He had like 100hrs plus on that motor and no issues before he sold it. The motec would pull timing due to the increased noise based on how we had the knock control configured on marina gas. So the short answer is if your running a big power setup then I would probably put some carry some boostane around to mix in...otherwise I wouldn't worry about marina fuel on your standard stage 1,2 setups. Also the stock knock system very good, your not going to loose a motor based on a stage 1 or 2 even on Marina gas.

+1
    Look at Race gas concentrate or Race gas ultra concentrate

+1
    the point of octane boosters is not having to bring extra fuel
    just a small bottle to carry

6. +1 by:

so if i get the 32oz bottle from amazon and fill my ski up on the water with 87-89 octane how much of that 32 oz bottle should i be putting in? i dont want to cause any issues with my ski just the ski does not like running 87-89 octane ..

Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post

thanx man!. so basicilly im doing 24oz , our skis are 15 gallons gas tanks if i remember correct

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information