+1

Cool First ride of the year, my take on the upgrades I've done this winter!

So, finally I went for the first ride of the year, still very cold in the water, but decent in the air. So now I have tested all the new upgrades I did during the winter, I'll rank them below from best value to least value

1. Comfort seat:
    Even though I did not test it side by side with stock, I think it is a huge improvement, much softer and more comfortable, and the small hump gives extra support.

2. Trixx Steering: Very nice to be able to rise the handlebar and ride standing up in rough water and while jumping, only thing is that when riding really fast in really rough water it felt a bit insecure and I felt more comfortable sitting down, but that might just be me getting old and scared

3. 3UP extension:
    Also, as I couldn't compare side by side it's a bit hard to judge, but it felt like it definitely has better buoyancy and the increased length feels a bit better in rough waters, no decrease in top speed or general performance as I could feel.

4. Floorboard wedges:
    Feels good with the angle and better grip.

5. Ergolock knee pads:
    Not sure if it is because of the comfort seat, but to me it feels like they are a bit to far forward, I'll try the stock seat next time, both for comparison to the comfort seat, but also for this. But at least they are black which looks good

And finally the LinQ fuel caddy, it works as it's supposed to, but since it doesn't provide any improvement in the riding as such, I excluded it from the ranking, but it's a solid piece of kit and it stays in place even in very rough waters and while jumping and playing. Gives that extra security of having fuel for almost two hours worth of riding readily available also.

All in all I'm very happy with the upgrades and would not hesitate to do them again, maybe with the exception of the Ergolocks, but as I mentioned, they look good

Not much more I'd like to do to my Spark for now, except for extended VTS and maybe a turbo

+1
    Thanks for the review!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-SWE View Post
    So, finally I went for the first ride of the year, still very cold in the water, but decent in the air. So now I have tested all the new upgrades I did during the winter, I'll rank them below from best value to least value

1. Comfort seat:
    Even though I did not test it side by side with stock, I think it is a huge improvement, much softer and more comfortable, and the small hump gives extra support.
    Thats good to hear! I think I will purchase one this summer!

+1

Thumbs up comfort seat worth every penny

Quote Originally Posted by Chills View Post
    Thats good to hear! I think I will purchase one this summer!
    I purchased the Comfort seat and it is a great improvement over the original seat. I ride rough water in the Columbia River between Bonneville and Kalama.

5. +1 by:

+1
    I was just out today for the first ride of the season. The lake was like glass, but my butt still hurt. I might be getting one sooner then later.

The mirrors are a great addition, they work really well and are easy to install.

Thread Information