Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    well, the taller prop and high rpm helps with overstuff. Getting that water out as fast as possible. I believe it’s only 3mm smaller.
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSlowKroozer View Post
    Reason I ask the nozzle size is rough water hulls like the FX scoop up alot more water and you typically have to be real careful playing with small nozzles and aggressive hull angles.Too high of a pressure going too slow of a speed will put up good numbers right uptil it over stuffs and pitches you off the ski.We run pressure gauges straight onto the pump tunnel to make sure it does not get over 40 psi when we make changes for this very reason.Not saying this is the case its just something to look out for when making big changes

Great numbers!!!! I bet the idle sounds good with those cams!

+1
    its not that’s Different actually. It’s more of a slight surge of idle then it catches itself and repeats. Very suddle though.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    Great numbers!!!! I bet the idle sounds good with those cams!

Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    its not that’s Different actually. It’s more of a slight surge of idle then it catches itself and repeats. Very suddle though.
    Ok ok yea I have a ear for lope. my fz has a little bump to it that most people would not hear.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Been following your build since the start and very happy you are seeing big numbers now. Lot of hard work and obstacles on the way to get where you are now.

+1
    thanks. Yea a lot or testing and tweaking. Still not completely done, I’m doing the grate mod now and will mess with shims on ride plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf714 View Post
    Been following your build since the start and very happy you are seeing big numbers now. Lot of hard work and obstacles on the way to get where you are now.

+1
    Are you running the pump wedge? Building my fx now and from what I gather it’s mixed reviews

+1
    I’ve been running a pump which since I bought the ski but I’ve been hearing that it actually hurts it top end and creates porpoising. So, I might take it out and see what I run without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by svhokid View Post
    Are you running the pump wedge? Building my fx now and from what I gather it’s mixed reviews

+1
    That’s what I’ve read also. Going to test without first then try it and see where I’m at. I always shim front of ride plate to diminish the bounce but don’t have much expersince with the new fx hull. Splashing it today for the first time with the tune, impeller, deans cut + extended ride plate and other supporting mods. Can’t wait to see how she does

+1
    Cool. You have his new extended ride plate? Let me know how it is I might be getting that soon. you shim the front of the ride plate close to the grate?
    Quote Originally Posted by svhokid View Post
    That’s what I’ve read also. Going to test without first then
    try it and see where I’m at. I always shim front of ride plate to diminish the bounce but don’t have much expersince with the new fx hull. Splashing it today for the first time with the tune, impeller, deans cut + extended ride plate and other supporting mods. Can’t wait to see how she does

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information