Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

+1

Polaris 2004 Genesis i 1200 Issues

I have been reading a lot on this forum and finally thought I would jump in with my questions.

I have a 2004 Genesis i 1200. Bought it last year and it ran great with a few little issues. Put many hours on it.

Now this year started out great and after about 2 hours we have more issues. Here they are:
    Idles for 30-90 secs and dies - new this year
    If you get it running and hold the throttle constant it will keep running until you let off, then dies.
    Stop switch does not work - tether does
    Reverse does not work
    Bilge pump blows the fuse
    Speedometer does not work

OK, that being said here is what I have checked so far to get it running correctly (non-electrical):
    Pulled fuel pump and fixed pressure regulator with brass fitting
    Checked fuel pressure and it's 22#
    Check compression and all 3 are good.

Thinking I need to send out the EMM and have it tested and rebuilt if needed and it sounds like I need an LR - 503 mod.

Anything I am missing that I can check before I send out the EMM?

Thanks in advance.

downunder123
    +1
    Welcome to GH!

It seems that you have few issues here and I would say they are possibly related. Starting with EMM, if the ski starts and will run while holding the throttle open, I would say the EMM is ok. What part number is on the EMM's sticker? Injectors are correctly programed? You would really need software to read these values and to be sure what is programmed in your EMM. Member HiPeRcO can help with any EMM related issues.
    LR 503 - seems to be faulty. Most common fault (but not limited to) is when it would not stop the engine. I have one for sale, PM if interested.
    Reverse- I presume the motor is checked good (with external power) but not working when operated from the handle bar controller?
    Bilge- the pump itself is checked ok? Again, the handle bar controller is the place I would first look into and make sure all good there.
    Speedometer - is it the needle readout (analogue) part not working only? The ski would not start with a faulty MFI. What exactly is not working or working?
    I would check the general condition of the electrical connectors and make sure that the wiring is as per manual, since you have few electrical gremlins running the show.

+1
    EMM part # is 4010848a

Reverse motor checked good but not operating
    Bilge checks good just blows fuse when handle bar controller is pushed
    Injectors are correct for this EMM and this craft ran great up to 5 days ago
    Speedometer is needle readout
    Electrical connections have mostly been checked per wiring diagram.

This is why I am at a loss and thinking EMM since I have ran through so much of it already. This forum is great for all of this but now I am at a loss.

downunder123
    +1
    I would replace the LR 503 module first, if that does not fix it I would trace and check :

-orange wire from LR module to (orange wires) splice,
    -2 x orange wires from that splice to handle bar controller
    -orange wire from (orange) splice to another splice where fuse is (2003 Genesis schematics?)
    -the orange/black from (fused) splice to bilge pump

Check the wires individually for the continuity and no short circuit to GND

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bspanovic View Post
    I would replace the LR 503 module first, if that does not fix it I would trace and check :

-orange wire from LR module to (orange wires) splice,
    -2 x orange wires from that splice to handle bar controller
    -orange wire from (orange) splice to another splice where fuse is (2003 Genesis schematics?)
    -the orange/black from (fused) splice to bilge pump

Check the wires individually for the continuity and no short circuit to GND
    LR-503 module can be bypassed for testing. Easily done, no parts cost. If the engine runs properly with LR module bypassed, you know where the fault is.

If engine still runs poorly with LR-503 bypassed, there is something else wrong.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    LR-503 module can be bypassed for testing. Easily done, no parts cost. If the engine runs properly with LR module bypassed, you know where the fault is.

If engine still runs poorly with LR-503 bypassed, there is something else wrong.
    I will jump it tomorrow and see if it runs correctly. Thanks for the reminder.

+1
    Failure to idle can be caused by incorrect spark plugs. NGK PZFR6H only! (No "equivalents" or "substitutes")

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HiPeRcO View Post
    Failure to idle can be caused by incorrect spark plugs. NGK PZFR6H only! (No "equivalents" or "substitutes")
    Plugs are correct. It idles fine for 30-60 secs then just shuts off.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

Bypassed the LR-503 mod and the craft started up the same, ran for 30-60 secs and shut off. So the LR-503 should be good. I had the fuel pressure gauge connected and fuel was just over 20# the entire time until is shut down.

I then jumped the brown wire to test the fuel pump and it works and pumps at 21# and stays constant.

Any other ideas to try before I pull this EMM and send it off?

downunder123
    +1
    Is it the same fuel in tank now and before these issues?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information