Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam4pt6 View Post
    I can’t complain. This ski is about to become my wife’s and I’m switching to a GP1800 so this is probably it as far as mods go on the 300x. I got that speed after riding for a couple of hours with a half of a tank left. When the temp starts to cool back off I’ll probably try to make another pass on it just to see if it does any better. But for now the kawi is done getting new parts, maybe some sponsons to get some handling back but that’s probably it.
    You find a GP1800 yet?

    I am debating selling mine or going KSpeed stage one.

    I am hoping Kawasaki does this for 2021.

    Last edited by not2fast; 07-10-2020 at 12:33 PM.

  2. #12
    Sold my 300x today.

  3. #13
    Sold it already? Lol any plans to replace it? And yeah I snagged a 2017 GP. New ones were sold out all up and down the east coast so I started looking used and came across a pretty good deal. The trailer looks good with a 300x and GP on it now lol

  4. #14
    The 300 is great for what it is, and it takes any water condition like a champ. It’s now my wife’s ride, or if we go out on just one it’ll be that one. It’s plenty fast for what it is and is a comfortable ride. The GP on the other hand is tons of fun. It’s quicker and faster than my 300 but the ride doesn’t compare once it gets a little rough. I’m ok with the trade off, I’ll take 79.xx mph at the expense of some rough water abilities lol

  5. #15
    TC1428's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    CT. USA
    Posts
    9
    Hi Adam,
    So I see no one answered your question about tips or suggestions when replacing the impeller and wedge on an Ultra, but now that you have done it do you have any words of advice? I'm about to tackle the project myself on a 310R with 90hrs on it. I found a detailed YouTube video by KAWI Performance channel of how to properly remove the pump, but I hear removing the impeller can be a Mother F#cker to crack loose. Do you have to apply heat, is it loctite on, and if so what loctite do I need to use to install the new one. Should anything else be replaced while the pump is removed??

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by TC1428 View Post
    Hi Adam,
    So I see no one answered your question about tips or suggestions when replacing the impeller and wedge on an Ultra, but now that you have done it do you have any words of advice? I'm about to tackle the project myself on a 310R with 90hrs on it. I found a detailed YouTube video by KAWI Performance channel of how to properly remove the pump, but I hear removing the impeller can be a Mother F#cker to crack loose. Do you have to apply heat, is it loctite on, and if so what loctite do I need to use to install the new one. Should anything else be replaced while the pump is removed??
    Why are you changing it? Why not go with KSpeed Stage 1? Proven 77mph setup for less than $1000.

    I have changed dozens of impellers, but didn't touch my 300x since it didn't have much cavitation stock. I have always used boy weight to snap mine free. I only had to use heat once.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam4pt6 View Post
    The 300 is great for what it is, and it takes any water condition like a champ. It’s now my wife’s ride, or if we go out on just one it’ll be that one. It’s plenty fast for what it is and is a comfortable ride. The GP on the other hand is tons of fun. It’s quicker and faster than my 300 but the ride doesn’t compare once it gets a little rough. I’m ok with the trade off, I’ll take 79.xx mph at the expense of some rough water abilities lol
    I am not sure. I listed my 300x for a price I felt okay letting it go and someone gave it to me.

    I have a line on a GP1800R, but he is 4 hours away. We will see if that deal works out. I loved my 2016 VXR so I think I would be happy. I was planing on getting a 310R when prices come back to earth and doing KSpeed Stage 1 on it. 77mph on that ski would be good enough. I sold my Stage 3 FZR that did 82mph. I hated that ski at speed. It felt like I was riding a pebble as it skipped across the water.

    Biggest downer to Kawasaki for me was it sucked down gas at an alarming rate. I have a run that I like that is 80 miles and I am not sure the Kawasaki would make it without refueling and only 87 is available dockside.
    Last edited by not2fast; 07-15-2020 at 12:51 PM.

  8. #18
    Paper work is on its way. I will have a 2020 Yamaha GP1800R with 8 hours by the weekend.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by TC1428 View Post
    Hi Adam,
    So I see no one answered your question about tips or suggestions when replacing the impeller and wedge on an Ultra, but now that you have done it do you have any words of advice? I'm about to tackle the project myself on a 310R with 90hrs on it. I found a detailed YouTube video by KAWI Performance channel of how to properly remove the pump, but I hear removing the impeller can be a Mother F#cker to crack loose. Do you have to apply heat, is it loctite on, and if so what loctite do I need to use to install the new one. Should anything else be replaced while the pump is removed??
    no I really don’t have any specific advice. I have a shop manual here, I just followed the steps in it and it was a very easy process. I didn’t have to apply any heat, it came loose with a breaker bar and minimal effort. I measured the wedge thickness in the center and made sure I adjusted my trim and steering linkage to match. I do second not2fast’s comment, there are better ways to spend your money if you’re looking to increase speed with the 310. I had some slight cavitation on take off and wanted to bring my rpms down some, so the impeller was a good fit for me. With 90 hours I would consider at the least checking the condition of the pump bearings, and possibly rebuilding it while you’re there. I did mine at 35 hours so just a check of everything is all I did. If I was closer to 100 I would have just rebuilt it while I was there.


  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by not2fast View Post
    I am not sure. I listed my 300x for a price I felt okay letting it go and someone gave it to me.

    I have a line on a GP1800R, but he is 4 hours away. We will see if that deal works out. I loved my 2016 VXR so I think I would be happy. I was planing on getting a 310R when prices come back to earth and doing KSpeed Stage 1 on it. 77mph on that ski would be good enough. I sold my Stage 3 FZR that did 82mph. I hated that ski at speed. It felt like I was riding a pebble as it skipped across the water.

    Biggest downer to Kawasaki for me was it sucked down gas at an alarming rate. I have a run that I like that is 80 miles and I am not sure the Kawasaki would make it without refueling and only 87 is available dockside.
    if you got a good price I can’t blame you there. If my wife didn’t like the 300 so much I would consider doing the same, but she likes it the most out of everything she’s ridden so I’m not upset about keeping it around. And to be fair, I’m more than happy with it too. It gives me a best of both worlds type of thing with that for rough water and the GP for high speed and calmer water.

    thats awesome you scored a used 2020 GP. I ended up with a 2017 with some light mods done by a reputable place. It has more reliability work than performance work(intake, bov, upgraded sc shaft, cooling mods, 13/18 impeller and a RIVA tune). On a full tank I managed to hit a repeatable 79.xx up here in New Jersey in 90deg weather, I can’t complain there lol.

    that is one downside to the Kawasaki, it sucks fuel down pretty quickly. I’ve managed to do a 60 mile trip with me and my wife on it and had about 1/8 a tank of gas left. That was keeping speeds between 35-45 the whole time and never going wide open. I’ve only got one place on the water to buy 93 here so I know that struggle lol.

    good luck with the new GP! 4 hours away is nothing, I just went 7.5 hours away to pick mine up lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 300X tuning tips
    By Tillbuilt in forum Flyboard
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2014, 05:59 PM
  2. Bough Used 2011 300x Need some tips
    By azsuptt in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-20-2014, 12:08 AM
  3. Newb with 300x tips please!
    By octobon in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2013, 09:19 AM
  4. Tips on 300X Exhaust Filter
    By meangreenman in forum Kawasaki Tech Tips and Info
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-25-2012, 11:11 PM
  5. RR IC install tips???
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 11:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •