Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    02 polaris virage mfd help

    Hello all, noob here.
    I have a 02 virage. Runs and rides great freshly rebuilt. Iíve never had the dash working. I know the dash I have works because I tested it on a other ski. Ever since I got it, these two wires need to be together in order for ski to run. Will not power up dash though when everything is plugged in. Iíve tested all the fuses which seem to be fine. Any insight would be appreciated so I can get the dash running Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61013061362__32DF1329-F5E2-4D0A-B665-1EDBA2DF0316.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	462353Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61013061362__32DF1329-F5E2-4D0A-B665-1EDBA2DF0316.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	462354Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61013061362__32DF1329-F5E2-4D0A-B665-1EDBA2DF0316.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	462355

  2. #2
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    43,641
    +1
    2,343
    Welcome.

    The wires that are disconnected in the photo include black wire which is electrical ground for the MFI dash display. The black wire needs to be re-inserted into the correct socket in the Deutsch connector.

    Click this link, find the MFI section, then find the pin-out diagram for the Virage MFI wire harness connector.
    http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl....t-things-to-do

    You will also find the info for removing and reinserting pins, and the plastic locking insert that should be present on the front face of the connector.

    If the powered up MFI says ĎLockedí it will prevent the Start button from working. You can find info on resetting the security code.

    The Purple/White wire also needs to be reinserted into the correct position in the connector. That is one of the wires that enables the Start button to actually crank the engine.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Welcome.

    The wires that are disconnected in the photo include black wire which is electrical ground for the MFI dash display. The black wire needs to be re-inserted into the correct socket in the Deutsch connector.

    Click this link, find the MFI section, then find the pin-out diagram for the Virage MFI wire harness connector.
    http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl....t-things-to-do

    You will also find the info for removing and reinserting pins, and the plastic locking insert that should be present on the front face of the connector.

    If the powered up MFI says ĎLockedí it will prevent the Start button from working. You can find info on resetting the security code.

    The Purple/White wire also needs to be reinserted into the correct position in the connector. That is one of the wires that enables the Start button to actually crank the engine.
    Thanks for the reply. I should of noted that even with them inserted, Iím still not getting anything

  4. #4
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    43,641
    +1
    2,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidb603 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I should of noted that even with them inserted, Iím still not getting anything
    Are the pins being inserted into the correct locations?

    Do you have battery voltage between the black and red/purple (fused battery voltage) wires at the connector?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Are the pins being inserted into the correct locations?

    Do you have battery voltage between the black and red/purple (fused battery voltage) wires at the connector?
    When I test the red/ purple and the black, Iím getting an open lead. Iím assuming they could be a problem

  6. #6
    Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    43,641
    +1
    2,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidb603 View Post
    When I test the red/ purple and the black, Iím getting an open lead. ...
    You cannot use a multi-meter to do continuity or ohm testing on a powered circuit.

    If there is no DC battery voltage at the described MFI connector pins then check for a fuse or circuit breaker open, or a wiring problem in the electrical box.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    You cannot use a multi-meter to do continuity or ohm testing on a powered circuit.

    If there is no DC battery voltage at the described MFI connector pins then check for a fuse or circuit breaker open, or a wiring problem in the electrical box.
    My bad lol I guess Iíll have to use a test light or something. The pins are pretty rough looking so thatís probably a good start

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    You cannot use a multi-meter to do continuity or ohm testing on a powered circuit.

    If there is no DC battery voltage at the described MFI connector pins then check for a fuse or circuit breaker open, or a wiring problem in the electrical box.
    My bad lol I guess Iíll have to use a test light or something. The pins are pretty rough looking so thatís probably a good start


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. How to add hours to a Polaris Virage MFD?
    By Harsax13 in forum Polaris Tech Tips and Info
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-09-2017, 03:14 AM
  2. 2001 Polaris Virage {mfi or mfd}
    By catfish in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-15-2013, 10:17 PM
  3. HELP NEEDED 2002 Polaris Virage TXi MFD
    By 2boysn2skis in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 07:24 PM
  4. 2002 polaris virage MFD problem
    By Thor12 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-06-2010, 01:41 PM
  5. Polaris 2000 Virage MFD Need Help
    By MS.SHORTY in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2007, 01:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •