02 polaris virage mfd help

Hello all, noob here.
    I have a 02 virage. Runs and rides great freshly rebuilt. Iíve never had the dash working. I know the dash I have works because I tested it on a other ski. Ever since I got it, these two wires need to be together in order for ski to run. Will not power up dash though when everything is plugged in. Iíve tested all the fuses which seem to be fine. Any insight would be appreciated so I can get the dash running Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61013061362__32DF1329-F5E2-4D0A-B665-1EDBA2DF0316.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	462353Click image for larger version. 

Views:	30 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	462354Click image for larger version. 

Views:	31 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	462355

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome.

The wires that are disconnected in the photo include black wire which is electrical ground for the MFI dash display. The black wire needs to be re-inserted into the correct socket in the Deutsch connector.

Click this link, find the MFI section, then find the pin-out diagram for the Virage MFI wire harness connector.
    http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl....t-things-to-do

You will also find the info for removing and reinserting pins, and the plastic locking insert that should be present on the front face of the connector.

If the powered up MFI says ĎLockedí it will prevent the Start button from working. You can find info on resetting the security code.

The Purple/White wire also needs to be reinserted into the correct position in the connector. That is one of the wires that enables the Start button to actually crank the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Welcome.

The wires that are disconnected in the photo include black wire which is electrical ground for the MFI dash display. The black wire needs to be re-inserted into the correct socket in the Deutsch connector.

Click this link, find the MFI section, then find the pin-out diagram for the Virage MFI wire harness connector.
    http://polarispwcknowledge.shorturl....t-things-to-do

You will also find the info for removing and reinserting pins, and the plastic locking insert that should be present on the front face of the connector.

If the powered up MFI says ĎLockedí it will prevent the Start button from working. You can find info on resetting the security code.

The Purple/White wire also needs to be reinserted into the correct position in the connector. That is one of the wires that enables the Start button to actually crank the engine.
    Thanks for the reply. I should of noted that even with them inserted, Iím still not getting anything

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidb603 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I should of noted that even with them inserted, Iím still not getting anything
    Are the pins being inserted into the correct locations?

Do you have battery voltage between the black and red/purple (fused battery voltage) wires at the connector?

Are the pins being inserted into the correct locations?

Do you have battery voltage between the black and red/purple (fused battery voltage) wires at the connector?
    When I test the red/ purple and the black, Iím getting an open lead. Iím assuming they could be a problem

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidb603 View Post
    When I test the red/ purple and the black, Iím getting an open lead. ...
    You cannot use a multi-meter to do continuity or ohm testing on a powered circuit.

If there is no DC battery voltage at the described MFI connector pins then check for a fuse or circuit breaker open, or a wiring problem in the electrical box.

You cannot use a multi-meter to do continuity or ohm testing on a powered circuit.

If there is no DC battery voltage at the described MFI connector pins then check for a fuse or circuit breaker open, or a wiring problem in the electrical box.
    My bad lol I guess Iíll have to use a test light or something. The pins are pretty rough looking so thatís probably a good start

My bad lol I guess Iíll have to use a test light or something. The pins are pretty rough looking so thatís probably a good start

Thread Information