Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 12ozcurls View Post
    @mudsanger, I tore them off and am going to go ahead and rebuild them. I started a new thread on that http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=286515. I read an old thread the Bill O used to put together kits for guys with specific needs on these rebuilds. Do you know if anyone is still doing that? I can order the rebuild kit but as I listed in the new thread I’m at approximately 3k feet and wondered if I should rejet with something for the altitude or leave it stock? Also, what specific carb is on the 98 gp? BN44, SBN, SBN-I??? Is there a couple trusted vendors that guys would recommend for ski parts? Thanks.
    I always rebuild carbs to factory spec and fully understand what onside bill was trying to achieve per his carb builds. I do lower the popoff pressure to 45 to 50 psi and only use genuine mikuni kits. I usually get all my parts from Riva since I am a patsy Dealer with Riva. If you are going to rebuild your own carbs you really need to buy a popoff tester. It’s just a little pump with a gauge so you can pressure test the carbs. This is a must to make sure your carbs are sealing properly and the needle seat is popping off at the proper psi.

+1
    @mudsanger, I tore them off and am going to go ahead and rebuild them. I started a new thread on that http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=286515. I read an old thread the Bill O used to put together kits for guys with specific needs on these rebuilds. Do you know if anyone is still doing that? I can order the rebuild kit but as I listed in the new thread Iím at approximately 3k feet and wondered if I should rejet with something for the altitude or leave it stock? Also, what specific carb is on the 98 gp? BN44, SBN, SBN-I??? Is there a couple trusted vendors that guys would recommend for ski parts? Thanks.
    I always rebuild carbs to factory spec and fully understand what onside bill was trying to achieve per his carb builds. I do lower the popoff pressure to 45 to 50 psi and only use genuine mikuni kits. I usually get all my parts from Riva since I am a patsy Dealer with Riva. If you are going to rebuild your own carbs you really need to buy a popoff tester. Itís just a little pump with a gauge so you can pressure test the carbs. This is a must to make sure your carbs are sealing properly and the needle seat is popping off at the proper psi.

Thanks wire4money. Are you the gentlemen that has all the skis up at Crecent?

Thanks wire4money. Are you the gentlemen that has all the skis up at Crecent?
    No, thatís a very close friend. Iíve bought and sold a few skis with him. There are 250 or so up there. Iím on the south end of Bend, but spend a bit of time on Crescent Lake. There are usually 6-15 skis at the beach we hang out at. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58474420070__ABB1F1DD-1050-49B4-BCC9-18B6708FA0DE.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	462594

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information