Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

+1
    I had the same problem on my Ultra 150 and spent about two hours over the course of three days cleaning then applying three even coats of 5200 over the holder. I unbolted it, slid it forward and did the back and the front.
    It failed almost immediately. Total waste of time.
    Buy the Rhaas part and donít look back.
    Only problem is Rhaas part will take a week or more to arrive.
    If you have a good bilge pump you could prolly get buy with a slight leak if you baby it. No tricks, jumping wakes, etc.

+1
    The Rhaas holder is a good one, and about the same price as OEM.

If you ride with 4200 to seal the holder, the first time you hit a wave and come down, the pressure in the pump shoe area will increase and blow the sealant off.

By the way, have you installed an electric bilge pump on your 'Ski?

3. +1 by:

No, I have not installed an electric bilge pump on the ski but I will do that. Is there a write up for it, Or a recommended pump to get? I will be ordering the Rhaas part and will play it safe and just wait for it to come in, seeing as I have no bilge pump to prevent me from sinking in case the sealant did get blown off. The one I linked would be the correct part for the 1200 I assume..

there is an 1100 bearing assembly: https://www.rhaasproducts.com/Produc...ode=SXRBEARING

and a kawasaki bearing assembly: https://www.rhaasproducts.com/Produc...de=KAWIBEARING

which one will fit my STX-R? Also I have seen that it is a good time to replace motor mounts, but with under 40 hours on the motor I feel that might not be necessary. Is there a way to check the mounts?
    Last edited by SeawardToast; 05-28-2020 at 11:26 PM.

Can always run a wsm one if you dont wanna drop the rhaas

I want to get the Rhaas if it is going to treat me well. I am just unsure which one to get

Edit: I was overlooking the SXR.. that is not for the STX(R). Purchased this one https://www.rhaasproducts.com/Produc...de=KAWIBEARING

Anything I need to do to make sure the motor is aligned when I put this in so I don't grenade a $200 part in one season?
    Last edited by SeawardToast; 05-29-2020 at 09:47 AM.

+1
    Since you are going to have your engine out. i would make sure i check the oil lines and take a good hard look at your motor mounts. I blew three of these in one summer from over looking the motor mounts. Just my humble opinion.

8. +1 by:

Thanks for the advice, I just inspected oil lines when I did my carbs and they all seemed nice and flexible. I am planning on only lifting the motor up a little bit to slide the driveshaft out. What is the best way you suggest to check the motor mounts? At under 40 hours I wouldn't expect them to have been beaten too badly, but I surely want to inspect them

+1
    It's at least 15 years old and has a lot of power. If you plan to keep it, buy new mounts.

Put it all together, but put the screws in the driveshaft holder last. Put 3M 4200 Fast Cure on the back side of the holder and snug the bolts. Let it cure for a day, then tighten them the rest of the way.

11. +1 by:

Thank you Steve. Are there any recommended aftermarket motor mounts or is OEM the way to go?

+1
    OEM or Rhaas. If you get Rhaas, get the Racing version.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information