Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

+1
    That's not the back seat!

One more pointer to glean from the pic: get the right ball mount... trailer should be towed level.

2. +1 by:

+1
    I have a 19 SEA-DOO GTX sitting on the same Venture trailer that came with my 16 Spark. Granted I had to move the winch up about 8" but when I take it off the ball it has perfect balance, I can walk it with ease, although backing up is a PITA the damn thing has a mind of it's own. The slightest input and it's trying to wrap itself around my truck, but I deal with it. I also made up a secondary tether that consists of a 1/4"coated steel cable wrapped around the base of the winch with cable bolts and a SS lobster hook. Its a nice piece of mind after my buddy told me he seen a PWC do barrel rolls down I-95 after the winch strap broke. There was noting left but a motor on the highway. THINK ABOUT IT!

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Tip: With a longer trailer, not only will it fit the hull length better with much longer bunk boards (the less hull overhang out the back, the better), but a longer trailer also tends to behave better during towing. And is easier to back up at the launch ramp. The longer distance between the tow ball and the trailer wheels makes the trailer less ‘twitchy’.
    Quote Originally Posted by seamurph View Post
    ... when I take it off the ball it has perfect balance, I can walk it with ease,

although backing up is a PITA the damn thing has a mind of it's own. The slightest input and it's trying to wrap itself around my truck ...
    Short trailers tend to get sideways easily while reversing, compared to a longer trailer.

A trailer that is too light on the tow ball (not enough tongue weight) can sometimes become a handling problem during sudden high speed emergency lane change maneuvers or sudden hard braking. Light tongue weight while unhooked from the tow vehicle can seem convenient but that is not what you want when actually towing.

On my own double trailer if I really wanted lighter tongue weight (while not towing) I would slide the hulls back a couple of feet on the bunks. Move the trailer around or whatever reason I wanted it light at the front. Then winch the hulls forward again and secure before towing.

I use a high quality trailer jack with swivel caster wheel to make it easier to move the trailer despite the tongue weight. My current favorite is the Fulton F2 series trailer jack. Dual caster wheel model works nicely.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4E24BCEE-B815-4AB2-BB93-56A3F6F042E6.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	269.4 KB 
ID:	462309  

+1
    A trailer with too little tongue weight will weave back-and-forth at high speeds, even if you don't make a quick lane change. Also, the tongue will bounce around on the ball and drown out your radio.

The right answer is to balance your trailer properly and invest the $65 for a trailer dolly at Harbor Freight.

Thank you to everyone for your feedback! It is greatly appreciated. I have decided to just get a new trailer. This trailer was basically free at the price I paid so I do believe a new trailer is a better option for me rather than trying to rework this one. A dependable trailer is a must for me so I'm just going to get something I know I can count on.
    I really appreciate everyone that responded! I thought the trailer just didn't look right but really appreciate some "expert" opinions.
    Thanks so Much!

P.S. Anyone need a small trailer? lol

+1
    Don't need any more trailers.

Be sure to keep those wheel bearings greased regularly!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb B View Post
    I have decided to just get a new trailer.
    Good decision.

That trailer is way too small for that ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb B View Post
    Anyone need a small trailer? lol
    Maybe convert it to a small utility trailer?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information