Sea-Doo Speed Tie P/N: 296000249 vs 295100680 - Lots of Confusion

Hello,

So, as I am building up the features on my 2014 GTX S 155 Sea-Doo, I was looking to install some speed ties to make it easier to tie up to a dock.

I did some searching and found a set (p/n: 296000249) on Amazon. In the description, is says that it wont fit...BUT in some research I did, that part number says it would fit. Then, in the Q/A on the product, several people asked if it would fit a GTX S (with suspension) and the answer was yes.

When I received the box, there was a different part number on it (295100680). I messaged the seller and he said that Sea-Doo changes part numbers all the time and that the one I received would not fit my GTX S 155 (with suspension). The item in the pic includes the 2 plates that fit my pwc, but I dont want to start installing the front one (removing rivets, etc) unless I know it will fit. The retractable devices look identical, so either one will work in the front or the rear.

Can anyone confirm that this will work on my ski? Is it true the Sea-Doo changes part numbers a lot. This is very frustrating....but the best thing is that it was under Amazon prime, so I can return it and get a full refund....BUT...I would like it to work.

Thoughts?

+1
    1st p/n is what u need. The 2nd is for skis that dont come with speed ties

Quote Originally Posted by OP. LOCK View Post
    1st p/n is what u need. The 2nd is for skis that dont come with speed ties
    can you clarify? My ski doesn’t have speed ties.

+1
    1st p/n is for suspension skies like yours. 2nd p/n is for non suspension skies.

Quote Originally Posted by OP. LOCK View Post
    1st p/n is for suspension skies like yours. 2nd p/n is for non suspension skies.
    Yep, that makes sense...but I cant figure out WHY. No where do the speed tie retractors look different. I have even pulled them out and test fitted the retractor under the rear deck where it is suppose to be mounted. The box I received also includes (3) covers. One for the front cover, one for the rear deck and another that is suppose to be mounted on top of the rear deck (non-suspension models).

I guess I will just sent it back to the seller and get the right now. Do you know of a site that you can look up part numbers?

Thread Information