Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    BallaRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    130
    +1
    2

    Lost 5mph top speed

    Noticed a performance power loss today. I usually see 74-75mph on the dash, today I only got it to 70-71mph. Thats right about 6-8% loss. Water was flat in the areas I ran it WOT. RPM's were 7720-7780. It almost feels pre-SCOM, can a SCOM go bad?

    2018 RXPX 300
    SCOM
    Otherwise Stock

    I fueled up at Sams Club w/ 93 Octane, unless they only have 87 in their tanks...

  2. #2
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    2,063
    +1
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by BallaRXP View Post
    Noticed a performance power loss today. I usually see 74-75mph on the dash, today I only got it to 70-71mph. Thats right about 6-8% loss. Water was flat in the areas I ran it WOT. RPM's were 7720-7780. It almost feels pre-SCOM, can a SCOM go bad?

    2018 RXPX 300
    SCOM
    Otherwise Stock

    I fueled up at Sams Club w/ 93 Octane, unless they only have 87 in their tanks...
    Air temp plays a big role in rpm and speed

  3. #3
    BallaRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    130
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Air temp plays a big role in rpm and speed
    I understand. It was about 90*F today and humid. I just feel it's a significant loss. I am suspecting poor fuel quality, I will fill up at another gas station and retest.

  4. #4
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    9,333
    +1
    1,628
    The SCOM's can go bad


  5. #5
    BallaRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Clearwater, FL
    Posts
    130
    +1
    2
    Can the SCOM be tested?
    Can I run the ski without the SCOM to compare MPH?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,704
    +1
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by BallaRXP View Post
    Can the SCOM be tested?
    Can I run the ski without the SCOM to compare MPH?
    no need...welcome to summer. Not uncommon to see 400 rpm drop in summer. I run the solas 13/18 to get some speed/rpm in the summer

  7. #7
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    9,333
    +1
    1,628
    Quote Originally Posted by BallaRXP View Post
    Can the SCOM be tested?
    Can I run the ski without the SCOM to compare MPH?
    I would think you just unplug it, should run like it was stock again.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,704
    +1
    956
    I was never on the limiter on any of my stock skis in the summer here, SCOM, Stage 1 tune...didn't matter. In the worst of hot summer, not uncommon only to see in the 7600rpm range. Nothing you can do....except maybe a turbo

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. top speed loss?
    By INFE in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-21-2017, 08:32 PM
  2. Loss Of Top Speed
    By demon8991 in forum Sea Doo Spark
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-27-2016, 04:43 PM
  3. loss of top speed. Could it be the hull?
    By rosey in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 08:12 PM
  4. 08 Fx- sho loss of top speed
    By pnkrckchiro in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 05:48 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 01:29 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •