Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

2018 RXPX 300 IBR Issues

Anyone had an issue with their IBR, It will not calibrate sticks in the down position. Although when you use IBR override or buds to move it up and down it works fine. On the water once in a blue moon it will stick in the down position but by the time you get towed to the dock it is all good again.
    Also it seem that the neutral adjust will not increase enough to stop the ski going backwards

+1
    It looks like itís on the way out , this might be a good option , https://www.ebay.com/itm/333572632395

3. +1 by:

+1
    Martin, iBr is VERY sensitive to battery voltage, too high and too low.

I was chasing my ass about this subject and found the stator was bad and ultimately fried the wires.

+1
    JPT, I know I have tried to calibrate it several times with different battery voltages and it keeps locking up at the fully down position. I notice that the amp draw goes up on BUDS and then it fails. I think it is over travelling. Not sure if there is a way to shorting the travel.
    Also I notice that I am not getting the full up travel only a couple of points off, although my TX get to the 7.5 every time I calibrate it.
    Not sure if the shaft that comes out of the IBR is threaded. If it is I think 1/2 a turn would fix all my problems.

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Martin, iBr is VERY sensitive to battery voltage, too high and too low.

I was chasing my ass about this subject and found the stator was bad and ultimately fried the wires.

+1
    Try to calibrate it out of the ski , if it works then you have hope and if not you have other issues .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    Try to calibrate it out of the ski , if it works then you have hope and if not you have other issues .
    Buds says never try to calibrate unless fully hooked up. Have you ever calibrated on the bench?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin RXT-X View Post
    Buds says never try to calibrate unless fully hooked up. Have you ever calibrated on the bench?
    Yes , I would not suggest it if I had not tried it , it wonít damage the ibr it will just learn a new start and stop angle

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    Yes , I would not suggest it if I had not tried it , it won’t damage the ibr it will just learn a new start and stop angle
    Doing it in the ski disconnected, would that do the same? Rather than on the bench?

+1
    Doing it in the ski disconnected, would that do the same? Rather than on the bench?
    Pm sent

Good Evening Martin. I have the same issues. I have a 2013 RXP260. It all started with my stock IBR starting to go south. I had same similar issues. IBR would get stuck in reverse position and would not go past that.

I went a replaced the IBR with a brand new one $1000 dollars and installed it. Took it to a local shop, plugged in B.U.D.S, updated and programmed new IBR to ECU. Everything was great and back on my way home.

When i arrived, i decided to do a flush, i started my ski and BOOM IBR light came back on. I was losing my mind. I changed fuses, checked wire harness from end to end.

So what do we have already checked

1. IBR Module (replaced): DONE
    2. IBR reprogrammed and cleared fault codes: DONE
    3. Wire Harness Inspection: DONE
    4. Replaced all Fuses: DONE
    5. IBR Plug Check for corrosion (perfect condition): DONE
    6. IBR Gate Friction Sleeves (replaced): DONE

I am not sure what else i need to do other than replace ECU and Wire Harness.

If anyone reading this finds some light into getting this corrected once and for all, please let all of us know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information