Oil injection not working

Hi everyone! First of all I want to say this forum has been super helpful. Iíve been lurking here and reading as much as I can and learning from older threads. Every issue I have run into so far I have fixed from read stuff on here. Long story short I got a killer deal on a 96 gti that had issues and was sitting for 2 years. The line going to the oil injection broke in those two years and I had to replace it. Iím now trying to purge the lines but it wonít suck oil in. I am purging the lines but running the starter with no plugs in for 5 to 10 seconds. I added some pictures for reference. Thanks for all the help in advance. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8398.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	462254Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8399.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	462255

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalSki View Post
    Hi everyone! First of all I want to say this forum has been super helpful. Iíve been lurking here and reading as much as I can and learning from older threads. Every issue I have run into so far I have fixed from read stuff on here. Long story short I got a killer deal on a 96 gti that had issues and was sitting for 2 years. The line going to the oil injection broke in those two years and I had to replace it. Iím now trying to purge the lines but it wonít suck oil in. I am purging the lines but running the starter with no plugs in for 5 to 10 seconds. I added some pictures for reference. Thanks for all the help in advance. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8398.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	462254Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8399.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	462255
    Sorry for the typos! Also I checked the lines for any kinks and didnít find any. Also the oil tank is flowing the oil by it self, so no clogged nipple or anything

motor has to run in order for oil injection to work

Quote Originally Posted by nibroc View Post
    motor has to run in order for oil injection to work
    Iím thinking of running mix for the first half tank just to make sure itís getting oil and let the system self purge.

Did you open the bleed screw on the pump? You should open the bleed screw on the pump and watch the oil run from the filter into the pump. keep the bleed screw open until you feel oil dripping out of the pump.

Once you have that done, You can leave the plugs out and hold the lever on the oil pump full open, simulating a full throttle condition. Then crank the engine over in 5 to 10 second bursts and you will be able to watch the pump push oil through the smaller lines

Thread Information