Red face 260 Ultra X - Supercharger Rebuild

Hello everyone. New here and just found this site.

I need urgent help. My 260 Ultra X just rolled 100 Hrs. I have heard that I should now rebuild the supercharger.
    For those in the know...is this urgent and should it be done right now. What are the consequences if I do not?

Second, I am asking from Canada and searches up.north here for a rebuild kit have come up empty. Are the avaiable in the US. where would I locate one and what is the usual cost.

Thank you in advance to anyone who may be able to help.
    The ice has finally gone out of our lake and we just put our sleds away! Ski time has finally arrived!!

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RonnieM View Post
    Hello everyone. New here and just found this site.

I need urgent help. My 260 Ultra X just rolled 100 Hrs. I have heard that I should now rebuild the supercharger.
    For those in the know...is this urgent and should it be done right now. What are the consequences if I do not?

Second, I am asking from Canada and searches up.north here for a rebuild kit have come up empty. Are the avaiable in the US. where would I locate one and what is the usual cost.

Thank you in advance to anyone who may be able to help.
    The ice has finally gone out of our lake and we just put our sleds away! Ski time has finally arrived!!
    Who ever told you that you need to rebuild ypur charger is full of it and you should delete their name from you cell memory....
    Seapoo's yes .... Kawi no..... if you want you can change the oil and maybe change the Belt... that's about it...

Thank you SirBrk ....wowser's Ok.

The shop had me terrified. Said the possibility of the charger virtually exploding after 100 hrs was 90% possible and that I may as well throw the ski away if it let go.

Well, thanks. Saves me some peace of mind.

Now, on to another question. Need the impeller replaced. Kawi wants me first born child fornit. Recommended aftermarket??

As above, they probably mixed up Seadoo and Kawasaki...

The Kawasaki has a much superior eaton roots type supercharger. These are commonly used on cars and easily go 400 000 km without a rebuild.
    The Seadoo has a centrifugal charger, and it seems not a terribly good one.
    Last edited by prj; 05-31-2020 at 05:15 PM.

Thanks PRJ, I know little about the internal dynamics of the engine (supercharger) and the responses here seem better then what I am getting from my sources.

But can you point me in the right direction for a new pump and impeller. Again the numbers fir a new pump and impeller here are crazy. My impeller is trashed, the vanes are trashed and I am guessing the wear ring is trashed. Dealer is quoting me $2300.00 to replace all. Summer nearly here and I do not want to lay out that coin. Helo help help

Impeller is easy - Solas KX-CD-16/21 is for your Ski.
    There is some tradeoff vs OEM, the OEM tends to be stronger. But unless you suck rocks into it on a regular basis, you will be fine.

For pump, this springs to mind:
    http://www.kawiperformance.com/jet-p...-upgrades.html

But, NCTS and never used them.

Thanks so much. Is the process of installing the pump.a huge deal? My neighbor is a pretty well respected backyard mechanic.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by prj View Post
    As above, they probably mixed up Seadoo and Kawasaki...

The Kawasaki has a much superior eaton roots type supercharger. These are commonly used on cars and easily go 400 000 km without a rebuild.
    The Seadoo has a centrifugal charger, and it seems not a terribly good one.
    Incorrect on the Eaton on a 260x
    They have a Augora lobe blower, nothing like the Eatons TVS styles...
    How ever other than sone Teflon coating failures due too none fogging practices They are still a oil change and belt kinda thing..
    Please be sure of facts before giving advice PJ....

Thread Information