2015 SVHO losing power over time

OK,
    2015 SVHO.
    Not really getting full RPMS and it wanes over time.
    Totally stock. Only serviced by dealer. This July is the end of my 5 year warranty.
    I already took it in but looking to see if anyone has guesses for what is wrong and how to test once I get it back.

After I recently fixed Jetski #1 by changing plugs, I took it out on the water with the new plugs and new gas. From a stand still, it will get up to about 7800RPM within seconds of hitting the full throttle.

jetski #2 ran great until July 2018 when it flipped in the ocean and my guest could not get to it and flip it back and it went about a mile out before TowBoat US could recover it. It was flooded and dealer did the standard pickle.
    I ran it a few times after that and it really did not seem like its old self and took it to dealer sever times as the super charger was cutting in and out on me through that season and last season which was cut short for us.
    End of the summer, starter solenoid failed, Again I told them it would not develop full power or would bounce around at full RPM. Got it back in the spring and when throttling up it sometimes would stay at 5000RPM. Took it in and the big hose for the supercharger output came off. They immediatly fixed it then sent me on my way. Son rode it from ramp to lift and he said that one time he throttled up, it did not go over 5500RPM. About 4 other times, it was fine. We were headed fishing so I did not bring it back to dealer. I put in fresh gas Sunday afternoon, I did about 8 high speed passes by the house and it always got up to 7500RPM and sustained for 30-60 seconds at a time so we took both skis for a ride. I was probably at full throttle checking it out way more than I usually do. In about an hour, my ski was dropping down to 7200, then 7000, then 6800. Running slower for a while it was fine for a while then started dropping again. Other Ski was fine. So I dropped it off at the dealer this morning. One of the mechanics before I checked it in opened it up and checked air filter. He said it was fine then checked oil. He noticed some water in the oil (I could see the cloudy yellow from where I was standing on opposite side of the double trailer) and he asked where it was winterized. I told him they did it and I have not been though any more than 10 gallons and I had not checked the oil since I got it back from winterization last fall.

I"m wondering if its a fuel issue, or maybe something is causing more resistance/friction over time as the ski is running. Maybe something associated with the capsizing 2 years ago.
    I can say this, after running Ski #1 that I fixed by change the plugs, then immediately hopping onto this ski, the acceleration difference was VERY noticeable. If that was my only ski, I would maybe not have noticed that.

These guys are good mechanics and customer service is pretty good. Sometimes they get backed up though.

I just want make sure that when I get it back, I do an on the water test that proves its fixed.

+1
    It’s your clutch, or at least 10 outta 10 times it is.
    Take your hose from air box to SC off and reach in there and see if your supercharger wheel spins both ways. If it does time for a new clutch. Even if it spins only one way it still could be the clutch

+1
    Melnic would you please post the hours on the ski and what type of oil are you using (conventional or synthetic )?????

Thanks cj

This ski has 137 hours. (the other has 170)
    We generally take them out for about an hour or 2 at a time cause we fish so much. They are on the lift so hour rides are easy and not very time consuming to get going and come back and clean.
    I don't change the oil, Dealer does.
    Both Skis had faulty Oil coolers in 2016 I think and both were replaced at some time. There was a design defect I believe that was corrected. They were leaking oil into the sea water. I did not see any leaking oil this past week. I would have noticed that.

I just realized something also, these are 2014 models, I purchased them in 2015 though as a left over and that's how I got the 5 year warranty. I wanted to buy new SHOs but they were out.

I don't know if this is a factor or not but the E temp (air?) said 84F and NO WAY it was 84F out there. Probably low 60s. I don't recall the E temp being that far off before. L temp (water) seemed correct in the 60's.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
    This ski has 137 hours. (the other has 170)
    I don't change the oil, Dealer does.
    I just realized something also, these are 2014 models,
    The reason why I asked what oil is being used is, that if synthetic oil is used it will cause problems with the supercharger clutch. You are having the SVHO serviced by Dealer so, conventional oil.

With the amount of hours you have on your ski and the exact symptoms you are having,.. the clutch is giving out on you. Some guys dont even come close to the amount of hours you have on your ski before replacing their clutch. They may get 40 to 100 hours only. So it looks you are over do. The job is not hard to do either. If you buy parts off this site use "GREENHULK" and that will give you 10 percent off. This guy`s prices are much better then what the Dealer would charge you.

Let us here know how you make out with this supercharger clutch? Give us all here a post if you need help too...

There is a video on this site of replacing the clutch, here are some pictures that K447 took.
    There are two bolts tucked behind the oil pump, down low. Those two bolts do not need to be touched.

The lower bolt is partially blocked by the oil pump but it can ‘seem’ almost removable. Leave it alone.

There is one bolt that’s inside a recess on the front of the oil pump you probably missed

This bolt is hidden quite far back and impossible to see without a mirror or camera. It does need to be removed.

Attached Thumbnails

Take Care
    C J

Dealer said it has a cracked head.
    Yamaha says no heads in stock in USA.
    They are looking for one. My season may be toast for this ski. Ughh.

Thread Information