Question Hull Damage and Low Ride - Related?

Hi, new guy here with new (to me) used 2011 Kawi STX-15F. I noticed there is a bit of plastic or gel coat hull damage on the bow and it appears some fiberglass is exposed. Do I need to get this repaired? I had a guy offer to do it for $200, does that sound reasonable? (pix below)

This weekend, I noticed the ski felt like it was riding low in the water at idle speeds. Does it look like it is riding normally in these pics? If not, do you think it is related to the hull damage?

I do not have any water in the engine compartment or the battery compartment. It is a little wet in the front storage compartment, but not so much there is an liquid rolling around or standing in there. I asked on a social media group, but did not receive any replies.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2467.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	462196   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2979.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	462195   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2466.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	462197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2980.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	462198  

+1
    It looks like the ski hit a trailer frame while loading. The chip won't affect the handling and the ride height in the water looks normal to me. The STX hull rides lower than most and it will submarine easily. The $200 estimate to repair the chip sounds reasonable to me.

Let me out of here......I need to go on Greenhulk!
    +1
    Especially in heavy chop with a full tank of fuel 15f feels nose heavy at low speeds.

There appears to be exposed glass, you definitely need to get that fixed, it could de laminate and take off a larger section of you hull.

Thank you for your responses, I really appreciate it. I am glad it does not seem to be riding too low and that it is normal for the ski. TMiller, it was not in very rough chop, but I have noticed in chop that when I throttle down the nose dips and a tons of water comes over the bow and into the footwells.

I do have a guy coming over next week to gel coat the damage. I scheduled him when I read pro1200's opinion that the $200 repair fee seemed reasonable (plus he had to order black gel coat from West Marine for the repair).

I double-checked the inside this morning, and the battery, engine, and front storage compartments are all dry. The front storage is still little wet, but it was opened a few times the other day when it was pouring rain, so I'm not too worried - especially since there was and is no standing water inside there.

Thanks again!

Thread Information