Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Ok, the video sounds pretty bad. But you'll know for sure when the dealer gets it into service. I'd be really surprised if there was engine damage related to this incident, but we'll see.

that's a pretty obvious fault with the battery bolt, and bolts falling into the hell must be retrieved, as if one does get up under the tank, the outcome is never ever good. If it can been seen, it can typically be retrieved

I'd say you have a right to be a pissed, but let me if I could give you some advice.

Be Jack Webb from dragnet when you have your showdown with the sales manager.

I'd be less then pleased, but always polite. In all of my recent dealings due to the "crisis" we're having, I always keep my cool. And my wife is somehow amazed given my somewhat shady background that we always get what we deserve, without having to ever raise my voice. In the last month or so I had to squeeze wells fargo and sams club among a few others for not making good on thier promises

The dealer is going to apologize every ten seconds, you don't want to hear that. What you want to hear is how they are going to square this with you.

This was clearly bush league dealer prep, they are really fortunate it didn't go sideways, with them not finding the chair when the music stopped

do let us know what happens.....and remember, stay cool, ,their concern about you blowing over this up serves you better then actually doing so

+1
    mav7-I feel your pain, I really do. I've been trying to keep new Sea-Doos running in the ocean since about 2014 and have made countless trips to the dealer to keep them operational. My advice is to find a different dealer before the monkeys at your current dealer do more damage.

In my case I drive from Fort Myers to Miami to get service because there aren't reliable dealers in the Fort Myers area. I also sourced a local independent who has saved many vacations for me. And while the Sea-Doo is in the shop I get on my trusty STX-15F and enjoy riding again.

Quote Originally Posted by pro1200 View Post
    mav7-I feel your pain, I really do. I've been trying to keep new Sea-Doos running in the ocean since about 2014 and have made countless trips to the dealer to keep them operational. My advice is to find a different dealer before the monkeys at your current dealer do more damage.

In my case I drive from Fort Myers to Miami to get service because there aren't reliable dealers in the Fort Myers area. I also sourced a local independent who has saved many vacations for me. And while the Sea-Doo is in the shop I get on my trusty STX-15F and enjoy riding again.
    Really sad when your 12 year old STX-15F is going strong when your brand new 3-hour Sea-Doo already has to go back to the dealer. It's a common theme with Sea-Doo, I really was nervous about Sea-Doo's horrible track record. Now - 2 out of 2 (100%) of my brand new Sea-Doos purchased had to be returned to the dealer for service before they even reached 5 hours!!!. Unfortunately, the appeal of their new products and hopeful improvement in quality with several years to perfect got the best of me.

The dealer I bought from is 5 hours away from my house. I bought there because I found the exact model I wanted and the dealer local to me didn't have exactly what I was looking for. Which means for service, I'd be using a different dealer anyway - but the one I bought from better make it right or they will be sorry.

+1
    I want to say like it sounds like a cylinder is not firing...but it's louder than I feel like it should be. Hard to tell not being there.

A few things that are easy to try before running to the dealer.
    1. Check your oil filter for metal
    2. Unplug each coil while it's running and see if it stops running or there is a change. My thought being maybe a bad coil or bad spark plug.
    3. Check oil level
    4. Oh yah...you should always inspect your ski when new. Go over every connection and bolt and snug all clamps. I've saved 2 of my own skis and several of my buddies skis from loose clamps by doing a pre inspection. New for next year I'm adding check alignment...both my 18 and 19 had shit ass alignment and leaked water in the hull.

Thought I would give an update...

Took the 6 hour (one way) trip to bring the ski back to the dealer I bought it from. Other local dealers wouldn't even look at it for at least 30 days. Summer in NY lasts 90 days tops...

Motor is definitely blown, before I even hit 4 hours on it.
    Must have been a factory defect... Guess I'm the lucky one to have to deal with this crap after buying a brand.new ski for purpose of avoiding a headache.

Still fighting with Sea-Doo and the dealer to make this right with me. We'll see what happens.

For anyone looking to buy a BRP/Sea-Doo product.. don't do it!!!
    Get Yamaha or Kawasaki.

Not a single issue with my STX-15F after 12 years.

I'm now 2 for 2 on Sea-Doo's bought new with nothing but problems. Pieces of shit.

+1
    WOW! I thought I had bad luck. You've got me beat and I'm really sorry to hear this. There is no easy way to get through this. I hope the tech that put your battery in isn't the one that is going to install a new engine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information