checking fuel water seperator SVHO 2015

2015 SVHO, son took it out and its skipping. Like its sometimes loosing a cylindar. I want to check the basics first before taking it in. How do I check the fuel water seperator just above the tank? Just unscrew the bottom? what am I looking for?
    Will gas flow out? what is a good sign and what is bad? Thx
    My manual is at the other house.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Plugs?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
    2015 SVHO, Like its sometimes loosing a cylindar.How do I check the fuel water seperator ? Just unscrew the bottom?
    Melnic the water separator is not inline with the injectors, it is a vent to prevent water from entering the fuel tank when capsized. Replace the spark plugs, these engines are hard on them and add some dry gas if you think you have moisture in the tank.

4. +1 by:

I pulled the plugs yesterday and one of them was wet around the threads. I did not think they smelled like gas and not sure if it was water or what. 2 plugs had gaps not right, fixed that and still was skipping.
    I went to parts shop this morning and they have 4 new plugs coming to me at lunch time. I already put 10 gallons of new fuel and ran it at idle on the lift w/ water for about 10 minutes. Still sounds like crap compared to the other one. Its misty over here so did not take onto the water. Will change plugs this afternoon and see how it runs before taking to shop in the morning. I'm guessing I'll have to take it on the water to get any bad fuel out of the system to know if its fuel or not.

This is at a 2nd home so I'll have to stay one more night to drop off at shop before I head home.
    Thx for all the info so far.

+1
    The damp plug is a sign of water in the coil well, dry the coil and plug and Try again could be a bad coil, but much cheaper to replace all 4 plugs.

+1
    Where the coil pack seats on the cam cover can leak moisture/water sometimes. I use a Napa product called Sil Glyde. It's a silicone base grease that doesn't damage rubber. Stays like grease texture from -20 to 400'F. I coat the groove on the bottom of the coil pack that meets the ridge on the cam cover. Never had any condensation in the spark plug well. Moisture can make that spark jump all around in the plug well except where you want it...the spark plug. New plugs wouldn't hurt. I had one go with 15 hours. Normally change mine every 50 hours.

guys thx for being persistent about the plugs. That was it!
    It ran like a champ. I need to bring my torque wrench with me next week so I can set the proper Torque.

That takes care of that ski. second ski is another issue and is going back to dealer. My 5 year extended warranty is up in July and I want it taken care of before then. It has had problems with supercharger ever since a friend flipped it in the ocean and it flooded and had to be pickled. Right now it gets up to only 7500RPM and after an hour of riding today, started dropping slowly down to 6800. I rarely myself ride the ski hard but just don't want the supercharger to die then have to pay for it later.

for the plugs, I took pics but I'd be curious to figure out what is bad about a plug. Do they leak? Do they crack on the conductive portion or something?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Melnic View Post
    guys thx for being persistent about the plugs. That was it!
    It ran like a champ.
    We are glad everything worked out for you.

+1
    Meinic, I'm very happy to hear that the new plugs fixed your ski. Cheap and easy fix. I've got 4 brand new plugs standing by just in case!

Thread Information