Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question 2020 FX SVHO hull - constant splashing

So I've noticed on my new 2020 FX, while in choppy water, I get an insane amount of water constantly splashing me in the face. It's not even an issue of getting wet, but more about safety and being blinded while getting splashed every 2-3 seconds in my eyes.

I've been suggested to add the 2 degree wedge pump and upgrade to the Riva ride plate. While I don't think the ride plate will directly help with this problem, had anyone had any ways to improve this?

I've tried adjusting trim and speed but no help. I wear sunglasses but have to take them off cause it's much more difficult to see.

Please no trolls saying "it's a jet ski, youre supposed to get wet". Apparently this is an issue for the 19'+ FX models and I'm just looking for solutions. Thanks in advance.

+1
    Splash guard or hold it WFO ski loves to ride in the chop, I have deans top mods and it won't stop the splash. 100% goggles rainx works best.. Been a on going battle with the 19 it's a love hate with the ski..

Quote Originally Posted by noweakness View Post
    So I've noticed on my new 2020 FX, while in choppy water, I get an insane amount of water constantly splashing me in the face. It's not even an issue of getting wet, but more about safety and being blinded while getting splashed every 2-3 seconds in my eyes.

I've been suggested to add the 2 degree wedge pump and upgrade to the Riva ride plate. While I don't think the ride plate will directly help with this problem, had anyone had any ways to improve this?

I've tried adjusting trim and speed but no help. I wear sunglasses but have to take them off cause it's much more difficult to see.

Please no trolls saying "it's a jet ski, youre supposed to get wet". Apparently this is an issue for the 19'+ FX models and I'm just looking for solutions. Thanks in advance.
    I am completely with you there. It’s like a submarine. It knocked my contacts out. The sunglasses are always so wet I can’t see. I’m coming from an 18 RXT.

+1
    the trim helps some when trimmed for bow up, keep most of your extra storage items in the back if the ski and a empty front compartment, shift your body weight to the rear of the seat as best as you can, last ride the ski standing up this will help with the splash it will be hitting your lower body and your head will be above the water not obstruction your vision . all these things help. also if your ride it not limited to hours on the water a 1/2 full of fuel will help to with this. Anything you can do to help increase the bow up by riding in rough water helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshep70 View Post
    I am completely with you there. Itís like a submarine. It knocked my contacts out. The sunglasses are always so wet I canít see. Iím coming from an 18 RXT.
    Exactly! My spark never had this problem. I don't mind getting wet but it's ridiculous how its almost made to soak you. I like to raglan and enjoy my ride especially if I bring a girl on. I might try that wedge pump or splash guards

My fz will splash you 😂

+1
    The FZ hull had the same problem. I put a large splash deflector on the bow and that eliminated most of the spray. It has to be mounted very​ securely or the force of the water will rip it free.

8. +1 by:

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by noweakness View Post

That's disappointing as I was just getting ready to buy a 2020 FX-SVHO

Currently riding a 2007 RXT- Stage 2

Does anyone know if a 2020 GP1800 - R is a drier ride?

Quote Originally Posted by kraven View Post
    That's disappointing as I was just getting ready to buy a 2020 FX-SVHO

Currently riding a 2007 RXT- Stage 2

Does anyone know if a 2020 GP1800 - R is a drier ride?
    They do get better with less fuel but the kicker is the fuel gauge doesn’t read below half full lol

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kraven View Post
    ... I was just getting ready to buy a 2020 FX-SVHO ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshep70 View Post
    They do get better with less fuel ...
    The new FX hull splashes less water over the hood as the fuel tank fuel level declines, correct?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information