Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    What web site was this?

Which number? The HIN number plate on the rear desk or the number on the side of the bow?
    Side of the bow.

http://app.cpic-cipc.ca/English/searchformboats.cfm

Update and good news!!! I'm back in business.

Apparently, the reported theft was a mistake by the reporting officer. Who got a call a few years back and went to investigate, but found no one to speak to. He still entered the info in the system. A few owners later, I check and it comes up as stolen. They check back with the last owner to whom the machine was still registered... He is able to provide them with proof of ownership and a bill of sale from when he came into possessing it. Meanwhile, during the investigation, Transport Canada registers the PWC in my name. I received this on Monday. Long story short, I picked it up from the yard yesterday. Unfortunately, I had to pay towing and impound fees to get it back. So another $600 down the drain. Hoping to get some of the money back from the police since this was their error. If not, maybe I'll cut my losses and suck it up. I now have a decent machine (still needs some work) with a clear title.

Next up: Ebox is now open and being cleaned. Things were very rusty inside. One of the fuse holders broke off at the rivet (rust). I cleaned up and dried things up. Will have to solder it back on. Also, the bilge pump little 3A fuse is toast. I just ordered a couple sets of all the fuses in the box. BTW bilge pump is not original "Rule". When I get the fuse, I will try to run it. If it works, I'll let it be. If not, I'll purchase a new Rule one. Wondering if the 360 is good enough or the 500? Not sure which is the original one. Will read up. If you know, please let me know. After I figure this out, I'm thinking I'll silicone the ebox so that I don't get more water in there.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Glad to hear you have the machine back in your hands.

The electrical box should have a large rubber o-ring going around the entire perimeter of the seam. There should be a groove for it. If that is missing then water will get inside.

Corroded terminal board can create reliability problems. Some of the rivets are just there to hold the metal bits in place. But a few of the rivets actually conduct electricity between metal parts. Those cannot have any corrosion.

When you are out on the water you do not want any chance of electrical problems. Getting stranded on the water is different from land vehicles, on a PWC you cannot get off and just walk back home from somewhere far from shore. Even near to shore can be ‘too far’ when the water is cold or the wind, waves or current is against you.

New or used but like new terminal boards are available.

While you are in there, consider whether to replace the circuit breaker. They are not waterproof from the back side and internal corrosion cannot be seen.

+1
    good news sort of, hope you get the money back but probably unlikely knowing are government system.

no need for silicone if the box has the gasket and is snapped together properly they are water proof.

you really dont need to go up from a 360 pump, its a 3 seater and the virage is pretty dry hull and you wont be doing any crazy stunts the hull will stay pretty dry

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Regarding the bilge pump. The Rule brand bilge pumps, either 360 or 500 gph versions, are rated for continuous operation while dry. In the Polaris the bilge pump is running when er the engine is running.

These are the basic version with no automatic water sensing, just supply power and the pump runs.

Non-Rule bilge pumps are often not rated for continuous operation without water. These bilge pumps will fail when used instead of the Rule pump.

The 500 gph Rule pump is a direct replacement fit for the factory 360 pump. About the same price, so might as well install a 500 Rule pump. Increase the bilge fuse from 3 to 4 amps, not totally necessary but might as well replace the twenty year old original fuse.

Glad to hear you have the machine back in your hands.

The electrical box should have a large rubber o-ring going around the entire perimeter of the seam. There should be a groove for it. If that is missing then water will get inside.

Corroded terminal board can create reliability problems. Some of the rivets are just there to hold the metal bits in place. But a few of the rivets actually conduct electricity between metal parts. Those cannot have any corrosion.

When you are out on the water you do not want any chance of electrical problems. Getting stranded on the water is different from land vehicles, on a PWC you cannot get off and just walk back home from somewhere far from shore. Even near to shore can be ‘too far’ when the water is cold or the wind, waves or current is against you.

New or used but like new terminal boards are available.

While you are in there, consider whether to replace the circuit breaker. They are not waterproof from the back side and internal corrosion cannot be seen.
    Good point regarding replacement and getting stranded in the water. Looks like Polaris oem might still carry these. Will call today. Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by savageman69 View Post
    good news sort of, hope you get the money back but probably unlikely knowing are government system.

no need for silicone if the box has the gasket and is snapped together properly they are water proof.

you really dont need to go up from a 360 pump, its a 3 seater and the virage is pretty dry hull and you wont be doing any crazy stunts the hull will stay pretty dry
    O ring is there and seems intact and flexible. Wonder how water got in as it seemed securely attached.

Regarding the bilge pump. The Rule brand bilge pumps, either 360 or 500 gph versions, are rated for continuous operation while dry. In the Polaris the bilge pump is running when er the engine is running.

These are the basic version with no automatic water sensing, just supply power and the pump runs.

Non-Rule bilge pumps are often not rated for continuous operation without water. These bilge pumps will fail when used instead of the Rule pump.

The 500 gph Rule pump is a direct replacement fit for the factory 360 pump. About the same price, so might as well install a 500 Rule pump. Increase the bilge fuse from 3 to 4 amps, not totally necessary but might as well replace the twenty year old original fuse.
    Good to know. Looks like the 360 is available from royal distributing. When I get the fuses I ordered, I will see if the pump that is there now works. If not, I will order a new pump. Thanks for the tip on the larger fuse for the bigger pump. Wondering if the fuse went on the original and the guy before me replaced the whole pump instead of the fuse. In that case, the pump on here now would have never worked.

I took some pics of repaired ground plate. I pulled the ebox apart and cleaned the rust. I also ordered a clean ground plate.will upload pics in a bit.

Pics of ebox

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200601_161759.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	462514Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200601_161811.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	462513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200601_161814.jpg 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	462515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200601_161757.jpg 
Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	462516Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200601_161747.jpg 
Size:	86.5 KB 
ID:	462517Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200601_161741.jpg 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	462518Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200601_161738.jpg 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	462519Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200601_161734.jpg 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	462520Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200601_153038.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	462521

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information