Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

RXT 215 Upgrade Question

I have a 2009 RXT 215. I called a performance shop and the guy said that my easiest way to get more power and speed was to install an OEM Rxt 260 supercharger wheel, 42lb injectors and to send the my ECU for a tune. Is it really this simple? Is there anything else i would need to run the ski reliably? My goals are to reach about 73-75 mph.

+1
    Pretty much that simple, and you don't really need a tune. But I would install an external IC and you'll also need a prop. You'll need an entire 260 SC, at least the front cover. You may need the rear housing if it's not already machined to except the bigger wheel.

3. +1 by:

Is the x charger wheel a drop in or would I need to modify supercharger for that also? Would rather not start changing the housing. I guess my question is what mods can I do to get in the low to mid 70’s without having to change a bunch of stuff

I did some more digging and found a kit that comes with the RXT 260 complete supercharger, 42lb injectors and the fizzle IC. Apparently this charger boosts at 10psi. Would I need a fuel pressure regulator to run this setup or is this bolt on and go?

+1
    if your trying to save on money and wanna just add something now install a xx wheel. it will give you 12.5 lbs compared to 10 of the x charger, and you can still use your stock injectors, and your gonna need a tune no matter what to notice any diffrence,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r1goombah View Post
    if your trying to save on money and wanna just add something now install a xx wheel. it will give you 12.5 lbs compared to 10 of the x charger, and you can still use your stock injectors, and your gonna need a tune no matter what to notice any diffrence,
    Not true. A 215 with a 127+4 wheel or X charger, RRFPR, injectors & new impeller will not need a tune & will be night & day. RR

+1
    what about the extra rpms that he is gonna be missing from no tune?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by r1goombah View Post
    what about the extra rpms that he is gonna be missing from no tune?
    The mods give the addtional revs the impeller will keep it in the range. Until you need to raise the rev limit or add additional fuel/timing no need for tune. RR

I’m hoping to run a setup that doesn’t require fuel pressure regulator. The xx drop in wheel stated it needs a regulator. I don’t mind running the 42’s. Can I run the xx wheel, 42’s and a tune and be ok? I would eventually upgrade to a fizzle IC but not until next season probably.

+1
    To add an X charger, 42's and an external IC you're basically turning your RXT {65-66mph) to an RXTX-255 and should be around the 68-70 mph range with a lot more acceleration..
    Add a Riva or Worx intake grate and gain some stability and hookup in the chop while maintaining the same top speed or .5mph more.
    Get the 4" kanaflex (6ft of it) hose and SC sleeve from the online store and get another 150 RPM and up to 1.5 mph top speed...
    put a Riva 2 degree pump wedge on and get another mph or so....
    Shoot for 8200rpm with stock ECU. No need for a fuel regulator.. But, you will be needing to repitch your prop or needing a new prop. You can repitch your stock one but you'll never see the gains in acceleration, hookup or speed like a Solas or skat will give you. solas 14/19 or skat 3 blade 13/18 will get you in the ballpark.
    should be around 72-73mph all day every day!

To run a larger wheel like a 127+4 or XX with 42's and stock I.C would be choking the ski as you would still be slower than a stock RXTX 255. You would see a small gain without the ext. I.C and 4" air intake.
    Good luck with all the decisions to be made.. LOL we've all been there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information