Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ArvRxt View Post
    I did some more digging and found a kit that comes with the RXT 260 complete supercharger, 42lb injectors and the fizzle IC. Apparently this charger boosts at 10psi. Would I need a fuel pressure regulator to run this setup or is this bolt on and go?
    No regulator needed with this setup. But you'll need more air.. Best bang is the 4" Kanaflex in the online store.

Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    To add an X charger, 42's and an external IC you're basically turning your RXT {65-66mph) to an RXTX-255 and should be around the 68-70 mph range with a lot more acceleration..
    Add a Riva or Worx intake grate and gain some stability and hookup in the chop while maintaining the same top speed or .5mph more.
    Get the 4" kanaflex (6ft of it) hose and SC sleeve from the online store and get another 150 RPM and up to 1.5 mph top speed...
    put a Riva 2 degree pump wedge on and get another mph or so....
    Shoot for 8200rpm with stock ECU. No need for a fuel regulator.. But, you will be needing to repitch your prop or needing a new prop. You can repitch your stock one but you'll never see the gains in acceleration, hookup or speed like a Solas or skat will give you. solas 14/19 or skat 3 blade 13/18 will get you in the ballpark.
    should be around 72-73mph all day every day!

To run a larger wheel like a 127+4 or XX with 42's and stock I.C would be choking the ski as you would still be slower than a stock RXTX 255. You would see a small gain without the ext. I.C and 4" air intake.
    Good luck with all the decisions to be made.. LOL we've all been there.

Great info. Really appreciate it. That’ll help me get started.

+1
    Do a rear 4” intake. Forget the kanaflex. Put a set of 42 injectors on with a drop in ET127 wheel. That will have you moving. Simple cheap and fast. Afterwards go for a tune to really get the ski moving.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Davrac View Post
    Do a rear 4” intake. Forget the kanaflex. Put a set of 42 injectors on with a drop in ET127 wheel. That will have you moving. Simple cheap and fast. Afterwards go for a tune to really get the ski moving.
    That won't get him to mid to upper 70s but it will work. Maybe to 70.

Rear or front air, depends how you route it. I run the kana flex to the front into the OEM intake under the glove box and put 2 layers of screen crosshatched over the entrance that's your freshest air you're going to get. At the rear it's a straight shot but you will have to remove the seal on the rear seat to let the air get in. just be careful with water intrusion.

Again, good luck with your decisions.

+1
    4" Air, External IC, RRFPR, Injectors, bigger wheel or X Charger, 15/19 Solas, R&D Grate, Wedge. 73 for sure, beast out of hole. No need for tune. Jerry helped me set one up this way years back for friend. Night & day from stock. RR

Quote Originally Posted by Davrac View Post
    So the website saying you NEED a fuel pressure regulator is false? If I don’t have to get one I would prefer not to.

+1
    My 2 cents, ran 78 on stock ecu with every supporting mods with ET127 wheel, 42's and yes 4" rear air without a FPR. Was an RXP though.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPJAY View Post
    My 2 cents, ran 78 on stock ecu with every supporting mods with ET127 wheel, 42's and yes 4" rear air without a FPR. Was an RXP though.

Wow. That’s good to know. I’m just trying to decide between the X charger or the et127 drop in. Then I will go with the 4” intake and 42’s for now. Eventually do the IC

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ArvRxt View Post
    Wow. That’s good to know. I’m just trying to decide between the X charger or the et127 drop in. Then I will go with the 4” intake and 42’s for now. Eventually do the IC

Do your flywheel bolts or else... I lost an engine to the flywheel bolts in the past with the ET127+4mm set up..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information