2003 GTX SC Keeps losing engine alignment and filling with water

My 2003 GTX SC went to a shop a very long time ago because it sank on me. Shop replaced motor mount and claimed to have aligned it. Right after getting the ski out again, it began to fill with water again so it sat for about 6 or 7 years until recently when I have aligned the engine myself multiple times as the alignment kept moving with the real tool and put two new carbon seals on it all within a couple hours. The motor mounts appear fine and have been torqued properly. The only thing that I could think of that would cause my alignment to keep going out is defective thrust washers. Has anyone ever had this problem as well?

Quote Originally Posted by gianniadorno View Post
    My 2003 GTX SC went to a shop a very long time ago because it sank on me. Shop replaced motor mount and claimed to have aligned it. Right after getting the ski out again, it began to fill with water again so it sat for about 6 or 7 years until recently when I have aligned the engine myself multiple times as the alignment kept moving with the real tool and put two new carbon seals on it all within a couple hours. The motor mounts appear fine and have been torqued properly. The only thing that I could think of that would cause my alignment to keep going out is defective thrust washers. Has anyone ever had this problem as well?
    Did something happen causing it to sink the first time?

Not anything i'm aware of other than the shop telling me that I had a bad motor mount. I don't go to that shop anymore after it sank and he had "fixed it".

Quote Originally Posted by gianniadorno View Post
    Not anything i'm aware of other than the shop telling me that I had a bad motor mount. I don't go to that shop anymore after it sank and he had "fixed it".
    My guess the mount went bad causing the driveshaft to put too much force on the crankshaft thrust bearings. Happened to my brand new rxp. Except my impeller came off instead of a mount going bad.

Thread Information