I'll let you guys know when we get the bill.

My daughter sucked some rocks into her TRIXX jet pump yesterday. No Bueno. I'll let everyone know what the damages are when we get the bill.

+1
    Usually it just the plastic wear ring. Its designed to break when you suck up rocks and prevent damage to the impeller. Its considered a consumable fairly quick change part $60.

Well one thing I could see, with a quick look, is that one of the vanes in the pump got chewed a little. Not going to replace that for 8 million dollars. The impeller looked ok but again, that was just a quick look.

+1
    8 Million? Price came down!

$700 it was. I picked it up last night for her so we could ride today. They even gave us back a couple of the chunks of granite that were stuck in it. They gave us the old prop and wear ring back. The wear ring was totaled but the prop wasn't brutal. I should do this next time. Hey, I think I just came up with a good retirement plan!!

+1
    Did you go with OEM wear ring or SS?

OEM

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    send the prop off to get refurbished and keep a spare wear ring and the tools to pull the pump on hand.

after the third or forth wear ring incident. I tell my customers I'll teach them how to do the job for an hour labor and them watch them pull the pump off and replace it

I also finger wagged about not lending thier ski to asshat relatives at the lake

They tend to show up at 3pm on a Sunday afternoon just as I'm snapping the lock on the gate

9. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    send the prop off to get refurbished and keep a spare wear ring and the tools to pull the pump on hand.
    I am going to do this exactly. It was actually my daughter that did it. She has been on these machines for 20+ years. She admitted she just got lazy and careless. it was an expensive lesson to learn.

Thread Information