Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 123
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    30
    +1
    2

    Disappointing SCOM Results 19 rxt-x 300

    So been dreaming of 75-77mph with scom and disappointed with results.

    73mph sustained speed with scom and saw 69 consistent prior to scom.

    Called RIVA yesterday and they said check oil level-too much will effect speed due to windage. Figured out this morning dealer did overfill 1/2 quart. Drained 1/2 quart and still only 73mph. Other thing RIVA mentioned was clutch slippage.

    200 pound rider.
    93 octane
    3/4 tank of fuel
    Trim all the way up to even see 73
    8060 rpms
    Air temps and water temps in 50s


    Any thoughts? Thanks


  2. #2
    Check your intercooler... If you were overfilled based on what I have seen here on the forum you might have some milky oily coat on your intercooler that is affecting your efficiency.

    How is the conditions? Salt or Freshwater? What altitude are you at?
    New Hampshire, so not sure if your Ocean or Lake... and at some elevation or not.
    Generally speaking an engine loses about 3% of it's rated power for every 1000 feet of altitude gained...
    Here is a good post on trying to figure out that power drop.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=249243

    If you are at sea level something doesn't seem right... I like you saw 69 all day prior to a SCOM and could hit 79 relatively consistently on nice flat water after I installed a SCOM.
    I am also a 200lb rider pushing 93... it was easier with less fuel for obvious reasons, but I could do it half a tank and below... trim same, RPM's same 8040, air and water temps were higher.
    I would check your intercooler for sludgey mess. another GH post here on that - http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245355
    You don't need to buy theirs obviously, but I would check it, and if it is bad, get someone's catch can to help mitigate it after a good cleanup.

  3. #3
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    9,323
    +1
    1,623
    Not all skis are created equal. Some are just faster than others.

  4. +1 by:


  5. #4

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    30
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SIECIKSuc View Post
    Check your intercooler... If you were overfilled based on what I have seen here on the forum you might have some milky oily coat on your intercooler that is affecting your efficiency.

    How is the conditions? Salt or Freshwater? What altitude are you at?
    New Hampshire, so not sure if your Ocean or Lake... and at some elevation or not.
    Generally speaking an engine loses about 3% of it's rated power for every 1000 feet of altitude gained...
    Here is a good post on trying to figure out that power drop.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=249243

    If you are at sea level something doesn't seem right... I like you saw 69 all day prior to a SCOM and could hit 79 relatively consistently on nice flat water after I installed a SCOM.
    I am also a 200lb rider pushing 93... it was easier with less fuel for obvious reasons, but I could do it half a tank and below... trim same, RPM's same 8040, air and water temps were higher.
    I would check your intercooler for sludgey mess. another GH post here on that - http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245355
    You don't need to buy theirs obviously, but I would check it, and if it is bad, get someone's catch can to help mitigate it after a good cleanup.
    Thanks. I’ll check that intercooler.

    504 feet above for altitude
    Fresh Water

  6. #5
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,013
    +1
    846
    Your RPM is where it should so whatever it is it's not engine related.

    Check your pump seal, wear ring and impeller.

  7. +1 by:


  8. #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    30
    +1
    2
    I had the Intake Grate Recall done. The second one where they replace it. Could that slow me down?

  9. #7
    moparguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Posts
    2,052
    +1
    425
    500ft asl you will see about 3mph less than at sea-level. Riva tests and posts all their numbers based on sea level


  10. #8
    Team Bilford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    779
    +1
    85
    73-74 is exactly what you get with a SCOM. That's 4-5 mph for $200.


  11. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    30
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    73-74 is exactly what you get with a SCOM. That's 4-5 mph for $200.
    Believe me I still would have paid the $ for 73mph, but read so many 76-77mph claims. Maybe unrealistic expectations, although Riva thought I should see higher numbers too

  12. #10
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    9,323
    +1
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Winni300 View Post
    Believe me I still would have paid the $ for 73mph, but read so many 76-77mph claims. Maybe unrealistic expectations, although Riva thought I should see higher numbers too
    You have to take speed claims on here with a grain of salt.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SCOM Results, 2018 RXP X 300
    By Team Bilford in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2019, 11:28 AM
  2. 2017 RXT-x 300 with scom only
    By john07ex in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-17-2017, 06:57 AM
  3. Today's disappointing results ..
    By Cannon in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-20-2017, 11:34 AM
  4. Disappointing RXPX300 Riva Tune Results
    By Jcoppola in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-22-2016, 09:33 PM
  5. Disappointing results from prop and rideplate change on Stage 1 FZR
    By RobZ71LM7 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-28-2013, 07:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •