Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 123
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Nice!, seems about right. ski pylon removal does nothing...I tried it. What RPMs where you at when you ran 77? We all compare speed...but RPM would be a much better indicator of power being made.


    Grrr I think 8050, I will make sure to double check that next time.

  2. #82

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    30
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedo View Post
    I have a 2019 rxtx and am on Meredith Bay, if you want to catch up sometime.
    You’re running what I got with a Scom, so your’e all good.

    I jet ski Winnipesaukee on Facebook, if your interested.
    Cool


  3. #83

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    30
    +1
    2
    So went out with the following this morning all stock:

    18 RXT-X 300
    19 RXT-x 300
    20 RXT-X 300

    it was in 70s, water temp 60s, dew point 68 so humid for northeast

    Would only pull 7900 rpms so was only seeing 71-72 with full tank down to Half. So I was in front but barely!

    If I get a 8300 tune(RIVA Stsge 2)would it still only pull 7900 in similar conditions?

    Also if I was running 93 octane vs 91 would I see more rpms?
    Last edited by Winni300; 06-07-2020 at 06:41 AM.

  4. #84

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Appleton, WI
    Posts
    626
    +1
    95
    You should see more than 7900RPM even with the socom you should be seeing 8040ish. That isn't that much for humid level overall unless running hard. Tune you should be around 8100 to 8200 all dialed in.

  5. #85

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,701
    +1
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by skylolow View Post
    You should see more than 7900RPM even with the socom you should be seeing 8040ish. That isn't that much for humid level overall unless running hard. Tune you should be around 8100 to 8200 all dialed in.
    RPM is a direct reflection of the amount HP the engine can generate on a given day. It is very possible that is all the power he can make that day for his given conditions.

    A stage 1 ski and SCOM ski are basically the same performance level in the summer time in our FL weather. The engine just can't generate enough HP to get to the 8040 limiter of the SCOM. Stage 1 just raises the RPM limit to 8300. On my stage1 ski, It will not go past 8040 in the hot summer days. I've been out on days that where I could only get in the 7600 range.

  6. #86

    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    30
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    RPM is a direct reflection of the amount HP the engine can generate on a given day. It is very possible that is all the power he can make that day for his given conditions.

    A stage 1 ski and SCOM ski are basically the same performance level in the summer time in our FL weather. The engine just can't generate enough HP to get to the 8040 limiter of the SCOM. Stage 1 just raises the RPM limit to 8300. On my stage1 ski, It will not go past 8040 in the hot summer days. I've been out on days that where I could only get in the 7600 range.
    Thanks. I figured that was the case as I saw 8040-8060 Every time out before last Saturday when it was Florida like humid up here.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Winni300 View Post
    Thanks. I figured that was the case as I saw 8040-8060 Every time out before last Saturday when it was Florida like humid up here.
    Just wait a couple of hours, it'll change!!

  8. #88
    New best. 1/4 tank, 80 degrees outside, water probably 60-65. Last time I ran was at 6 hours and got 77-78. I didn't check RPMs for this run but was at 8000-8050 all morning

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200609_143302.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	462919

  9. #89
    Team Bilford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    779
    +1
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    RPM is a direct reflection of the amount HP the engine can generate on a given day. It is very possible that is all the power he can make that day for his given conditions.

    A stage 1 ski and SCOM ski are basically the same performance level in the summer time in our FL weather. The engine just can't generate enough HP to get to the 8040 limiter of the SCOM. Stage 1 just raises the RPM limit to 8300. On my stage1 ski, It will not go past 8040 in the hot summer days. I've been out on days that where I could only get in the 7600 range.
    It is amazing to me that a bit more humidity and a few degrees of increased ambient will cost you 100+ rpm. I'm down 125-150 rpm from last week.

  10. #90

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,701
    +1
    955
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    It is amazing to me that a bit more humidity and a few degrees of increased ambient will cost you 100+ rpm. I'm down 125-150 rpm from last week.
    Yep...i'm down about he same, it will get worse. Just starting to get into the hot weather months. This is when a turbo really shines, just add boost...it fixes all problems.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SCOM Results, 2018 RXP X 300
    By Team Bilford in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2019, 11:28 AM
  2. 2017 RXT-x 300 with scom only
    By john07ex in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-17-2017, 06:57 AM
  3. Today's disappointing results ..
    By Cannon in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-20-2017, 11:34 AM
  4. Disappointing RXPX300 Riva Tune Results
    By Jcoppola in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-22-2016, 09:33 PM
  5. Disappointing results from prop and rideplate change on Stage 1 FZR
    By RobZ71LM7 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-28-2013, 07:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •