Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 123
  1. #41
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,016
    +1
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    The SeaDoo speedo is not accurate....its never been accurate.

    Ok, it's not military grade but it's pretty close and everyone knows it can, but doesn't always, overshoot by ~1-2 mph when comparing to Garmin.

    I'm not defending anyone's posted speeds, just commenting from personal experience whenever I compared my dash to handheld gps.


  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Running down steam with the current on a river with the wind at your back.....yeah, I can see 79! Now, reverse course. Then average your speed.

    Yea, cool, I get that and would totally agree with you if I was on a river with a real current that affected the speed of things or if I was only heading in one direction.
    But those 79 on the dash runs were back, to back, to back, to back, maybe 7-8 times, up and down, and up and down, the same strip of water that doesn't have any sort of meaningful current that was affecting either run.
    Even if it did (I believe the fastest current clocked there is like .3 mph) either direction I was going I was getting the same exact results on the dash, every single time...

    I had the same results again when I was in the Atlantic Ocean off LI, I was running parallel to the shore line, both directions... back and forth and back and forth and back and forth for maybe a dozen runs.
    I literally get the same exact results both ways... to be honest it's only ever been about finding flat water/clean water to get to that speed.. You can see in the photos in the links I posted how glass the water was.
    I don't have photos in the Ocean but I will be sure to get pics and videos this year...

    I have been able to do this multiple times over the year when it's not a terribly hot day, or super humid, or choppy as hell. (it's often choppy as hell)

    I am not really sure how else to say it but, what you see is what I got, and you are wrong.
    Keep explaining to me why I can't possible be right and maybe we will find something that I didn't think of.
    Mars was in retrograde? Aliens of a higher power used hyper tech to disrupt the fabric of space/time?? The government hacked into the chip they installed in my brain at birth and altered my perception of reality to fuck with a bunch of bored assholes on a jetski forum??

    Or you know... Maybe your belief that it's impossible (for whatever reason) is wrong on this, and a/my '19 Stock RXT-X with a SCOM can show 79 on the dash with out some sort of advantageous interference...
    Hell man, if you were local I would show you in person, but somehow I don't think that would even help...

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    60
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by SIECIKSuc View Post
    Yea, I am not really sure how to even respond to these replies either.

    I said I had 79 on the dash... and was called out for it.
    Posted photos.
    Said I wasn't sure how far off it was but didn't think it was WAY off.
    We have 3 photos showing 2.2 mph 1.7mph and 0.9mph...
    I feel like that also proves that it's not WAY OFF...

    I guess instead though, we can take the GPS readings and photos and burn them...
    This guy's wife's 15 year old ski is clearly the only measure of authority...
    Oh Also his 10 year old ski also is undeniably a measure of trust, and inaccurate by 1.5-2.5 or maybe 3 mph not sure but we just gotta take his word for it...

    Oh well.
    In your original response you claimed 79mph with only a scom installed,,,, sorry but i dont know anybody who states speed numbers using the factory dash,,,, when speed numbers are stated. The assumption is gps based,,,,forgive me for assuming you were abiding by this standard,,,,, if you stated "79 mph " according to the dash. There would not have been any argument,,,, later in your responses you state" 79 mph dash numbers" ive seen doo dashes from1.5mph to 3.0 mph off. So you claiming 79 mph dash with a just a scom is not worthy of an argument,,,,as real speed would be " on the high side " for just a scom,,,,, but probally would not ignite an argument,,,..... if you are willing to be humbled,,,, just take this advice. When talking"mph numbers" please include by which method used to achive the numbers

  4. #44
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,572
    +1
    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Ok, it's not military grade but it's pretty close and everyone knows it can, but doesn't always, overshoot by ~1-2 mph when comparing to Garmin.

    I'm not defending anyone's posted speeds, just commenting from personal experience whenever I compared my dash to handheld gps.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIECIKSuc View Post
    Yea, cool, I get that and would totally agree with you if I was on a river with a real current that affected the speed of things or if I was only heading in one direction.
    But those 79 on the dash runs were back, to back, to back, to back, maybe 7-8 times, up and down, and up and down, the same strip of water that doesn't have any sort of meaningful current that was affecting either run.
    Even if it did (I believe the fastest current clocked there is like .3 mph) either direction I was going I was getting the same exact results on the dash, every single time...

    I had the same results again when I was in the Atlantic Ocean off LI, I was running parallel to the shore line, both directions... back and forth and back and forth and back and forth for maybe a dozen runs.
    I literally get the same exact results both ways... to be honest it's only ever been about finding flat water/clean water to get to that speed.. You can see in the photos in the links I posted how glass the water was.
    I don't have photos in the Ocean but I will be sure to get pics and videos this year...

    I have been able to do this multiple times over the year when it's not a terribly hot day, or super humid, or choppy as hell. (it's often choppy as hell)

    I am not really sure how else to say it but, what you see is what I got, and you are wrong.
    Keep explaining to me why I can't possible be right and maybe we will find something that I didn't think of.
    Mars was in retrograde? Aliens of a higher power used hyper tech to disrupt the fabric of space/time?? The government hacked into the chip they installed in my brain at birth and altered my perception of reality to fuck with a bunch of bored assholes on a jetski forum??

    Or you know... Maybe your belief that it's impossible (for whatever reason) is wrong on this, and a/my '19 Stock RXT-X with a SCOM can show 79 on the dash with out some sort of advantageous interference...
    Hell man, if you were local I would show you in person, but somehow I don't think that would even help...
    I have no dispute with your ski posting a 79 on the dash. Actual mph will be lower. How much lower I have no idea but generally, it can be 1, 2, or more mph lower. In the case of my former 2008 TX, the dash said 70 but actual was 82.5!

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamafzs View Post
    In your original response you claimed 79mph with only a scom installed,,,, sorry but i dont know anybody who states speed numbers using the factory dash,,,, when speed numbers are stated. The assumption is gps based,,,,forgive me for assuming you were abiding by this standard,,,,, if you stated "79 mph " according to the dash. There would not have been any argument,,,, later in your responses you state" 79 mph dash numbers" ive seen doo dashes from1.5mph to 3.0 mph off. So you claiming 79 mph dash with a just a scom is not worthy of an argument,,,,as real speed would be " on the high side " for just a scom,,,,, but probally would not ignite an argument,,,..... if you are willing to be humbled,,,, just take this advice. When talking"mph numbers" please include by which method used to achive the numbers

    You are 100% right. I should have said that from the start. I don't have any other means to measure it besides the dash, and I feel like that's the situation a majority of people who have skis are in so I thought that was the normal standard that people would be using. Even though I do realize we all know the dash is off, I also know how hot the contention is for debate on the speedo subject, so I should have laid that out as well I guess.
    The post I linked to show that dash read out, laid out the whole story but again I shouldn't have expected people to actually read it I guess...

    I know a lot of people here blow smoke... (I didn't)
    I also know a lot of people here love to chop people down because their personality or ego somehow drive that behavior. (I really don't think you did that here, but I think others do)
    I tried to come at this from a place of, I know I am not 100% accurate, but in relation to the OP's issue here is an offer of similar data/information that relates. (The OP is using the speedo as his rating)
    The whole thing proceeded to unravel into a pissing contest after that because well that's what most of the posts end up becoming here at times.

    I have no doubt that now with the VBox I have, once I post those numbers, I will still get told I am full of shit by people who aren't getting the same results for whatever reason.
    I also have no doubt that the speedo will be shown to be off by a reasonable amount. I originally said 1-2 mph or I will gladly eat crow.
    I still have no problem admitting how far off it is and how wrong I may be about it.

  6. +1 by:


  7. #46
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,572
    +1
    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by SIECIKSuc View Post
    You are 100% right. I should have said that from the start. I don't have any other means to measure it besides the dash, and I feel like that's the situation a majority of people who have skis are in so I thought that was the normal standard that people would be using. Even though I do realize we all know the dash is off, I also know how hot the contention is for debate on the speedo subject, so I should have laid that out as well I guess.
    The post I linked to show that dash read out, laid out the whole story but again I shouldn't have expected people to actually read it I guess...

    I know a lot of people here blow smoke... (I didn't)
    I also know a lot of people here love to chop people down because their personality or ego somehow drive that behavior. (I really don't think you did that here, but I think others do)
    I tried to come at this from a place of, I know I am not 100% accurate, but in relation to the OP's issue here is an offer of similar data/information that relates. (The OP is using the speedo as his rating)
    The whole thing proceeded to unravel into a pissing contest after that because well that's what most of the posts end up becoming here at times.

    I have no doubt that now with the VBox I have, once I post those numbers, I will still get told I am full of shit by people who aren't getting the same results for whatever reason.
    I also have no doubt that the speedo will be shown to be off by a reasonable amount. I originally said 1-2 mph or I will gladly eat crow.
    I still have no problem admitting how far off it is and how wrong I may be about it.

    Speaking for myself only, I'm not "chopping you down"......just pointing out the dash display is not accurate. I wish it was but for whatever reason BRP added in an error factor.

  8. #47
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    9,333
    +1
    1,628

  9. #48
    Also in general to everyone on this thread...
    If I have at any point come off like a jaggoff in any of these replies, I apologize, honestly I am not trying to be one.

    Chalk it off to frustration, from either being locked in a NYC apartment for FARRR to long... Or because my Ski is still not finished (was supposed to done Wednesday) and I am chomping at the bit to get out there and ride... It's just tough when what you are seeing and doing is construed as lies/exaggeration by people who aren't seeing and doing it with you.

    Hopefully my damn ski is finished tomorrow and I can take it out and get some quality time in and be less cranky about life.


  10. #49
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    9,333
    +1
    1,628
    Do you guys really think any of these devises are acurate?
    Last ride I was doing a speed run on my PX. The GPS was showing 79.2, then presto magic, I went under a small bridge and the GPS jumped to 82.1. lol

  11. #50
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,572
    +1
    2,247
    Quote Originally Posted by SIECIKSuc View Post
    Also in general to everyone on this thread...
    If I have at any point come off like a jaggoff in any of these replies, I apologize, honestly I am not trying to be one.

    Chalk it off to frustration, from either being locked in a NYC apartment for FARRR to long... Or because my Ski is still not finished (was supposed to done Wednesday) and I am chomping at the bit to get out there and ride... It's just tough when what you are seeing and doing is construed as lies/exaggeration by people who aren't seeing and doing it with you.

    Hopefully my damn ski is finished tomorrow and I can take it out and get some quality time in and be less cranky about life.


    LOL....we're all jagoffs at some point in our lives.......forgetaboutit!

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. SCOM Results, 2018 RXP X 300
    By Team Bilford in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2019, 11:28 AM
  2. 2017 RXT-x 300 with scom only
    By john07ex in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-17-2017, 06:57 AM
  3. Today's disappointing results ..
    By Cannon in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 01-20-2017, 11:34 AM
  4. Disappointing RXPX300 Riva Tune Results
    By Jcoppola in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-22-2016, 09:33 PM
  5. Disappointing results from prop and rideplate change on Stage 1 FZR
    By RobZ71LM7 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-28-2013, 07:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •