Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SIECIKSuc View Post
    On the dash, yes 100% at sea level, with the same weight and higher water and air temps...
    One moment while I find the thread and post the link for you...

Here you go:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=281432&page=2

I am not trying to mess with the guy... I am giving my personal experience for reference.
    Also, unless I have been educated incorrectly by several people, the Intercooler being coated may not lower his RPM's off the limiter but it could still have an negative effect on his top his speed.
    Again, it's something worth looking at for sure... Especially since he said he was overfilled from day 1 and they had to address it.
    I wasn't riding in a river with a current or anything like that... Maybe I have a factory freak, or maybe at sea level he would pick up those 2-3mph on the dash and see the numbers he was looking for.

Also, I am not trying to be a dipshit or blow smoke up the guys ass. I don't know where all the puffed up macho hostility bullshit comes from but I accept your apology, thanks.
    Go buy a GPS and then come back and tell us how fast you went.

+1
    I have 18 rxtx and with scom only I would see dash speed 80mph lake or bay, that is with less then half of gas in the tank.

3. +1 by:

As a heads up... Here is another link for you that shows the GPS reading on a slightly older ski being pretty damn accurate.
    I also just picked up a VBox Sport, which I will test out since everyone thinks the dash is ridiculously inaccurate. (I will be sure to post the results)
    That being said I added a bunch of stuff to the ski before she hits the water this year... So it wont be a SCOM measurement anymore.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=259316

Also, if he is using the dash, like I was from the start, the dash would reflect the same % error. Just maybe there is a slightly rising rate of error as the speed increases but that delta would be nominal at best.
    It's the elevation that is hurting him slightly and his fuel levels, and some weather conditions and so on...
    It could also be that just like every other supercharged 300 when they are full or overfilled with oil, they tend to blow a shit ton into the IC...
    Maybe Greenhulk clueless too though...
    Here's the link for you on that as well:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245355

That is why most people add catch cans right away, and those who have 1/2 oil marks or around there seem to have very little or none, and those with full or overfull from the start have insane amounts in their catchcan.
    It's a sticky post for a reason.

Saying you can't trust the dash, and then saying you should less on the dash then what they are rating it for is sort of silly.
    Which is it? Is the dash lying and exaggerating numbers, or is he getting what they advertise on their GPS testing at prime conditions and in fact, his dash is correct?

Never said I was using anything but the dash, and I am one step ahead of you (see my follow up post) but with the tune and additional parts, it's a moot point.

Also at least I can tell you just how far off the dash is...
    1-2 mph at most, is my bet. I wouldn't be surprised it if was 0-1 mph off.
    If it's more than 2 mph I will gladly eat crow...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SIECIKSuc View Post
    If it's more than 2 mph I will gladly eat crow...
    You might want to get knife and a fork.

7. +1 by:

+1

Dash is off quite a bit
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DD1C110C-56EF-4A08-BF3A-1578F4F37D63.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	461946  
    Last edited by Cosmicbrut; 05-19-2020 at 11:22 PM.

+1
    We have two 18’ RXTXs and two 19’ RXTXs In Our group. All of the dash speedos read a few higher than gps.
    also the 18s are @ few mph faster than the 19s. Both the 18s will do 76-77;with just scom and both 19s will do 73-74 with just scom. On gps.
    would love to know what the difference is because I have a 19 ��

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicbrut View Post

Dash is off quite a bit

Looking at your picture, its 2.2 mph off... "quite a bit"
    So I was 0.2 mph off...

Bring out the knife and fork!!! Soooo much crow to eat...
    Also worth noting your GPS is from 15 years ago. (There is no information I could quickly/easily find on what GPS chip it uses.)

Now, back to the real point of the post, the Speedo being off 2.2 mph doesn't explain away the OP's issues.
    The speedo is 2.2mph fast, ok, so he was showing 73-74 on the dash... So his actual speed is 70.8-7.18.
    The rebuttals are that with Riva he should be getting 75 Actual... He's getting way less than that.
    Take my 79mph on the dash, Actual would be 76.8 based on your photo.
    That's 5.8-6.8 mph more than he is... He is in colder water and fresh water, with colder air, however at 500 foot elevation.
    Why is everyone saying his results are the norm?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TJK View Post
    We have two 18’ RXTXs and two 19’ RXTXs In Our group. All of the dash speedos read a few higher than gps.
    also the 18s are @ few mph faster than the 19s. Both the 18s will do 76-77;with just scom and both 19s will do 73-74 with just scom. On gps.
    would love to know what the difference is because I have a 19 ��
    Not too happy to hear that! Supposed to install a Scom on my neighbor’s 18 For him.

More testing coming. Machine has 1/2 tank so going to see what it does with 1/3-1/4 tank hopefully tomorrow morning. Also probably check intercooler for oil, but I suspect where I’m turning 8060 easily that isn’t an issue, but what do I know!
    Last edited by Winni300; 05-20-2020 at 02:51 PM.

+1
    Cluster can get quite accurate, it depends mostly on internal rounding. To just say the cluster is off by 2-4 mph is wrong. I've seen 84 on cluster and 83.1 on my handheld garmin.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rxp84.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	461967  

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information