Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    +1
    It has been proven many times that dash indicated speed is notoriously off by 2-4 mph. A hand held gps like Garmin is pretty accurate. Also guys riding in rivers will usually post down current numbers. As said, some people tend to exaggerate their speed claims.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SIECIKSuc View Post
    Check your intercooler... If you were overfilled based on what I have seen here on the forum you might have some milky oily coat on your intercooler that is affecting your efficiency.

How is the conditions? Salt or Freshwater? What altitude are you at?
    New Hampshire, so not sure if your Ocean or Lake... and at some elevation or not.
    Generally speaking an engine loses about 3% of it's rated power for every 1000 feet of altitude gained...
    Here is a good post on trying to figure out that power drop.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=249243

If you are at sea level something doesn't seem right... I like you saw 69 all day prior to a SCOM and could hit 79 relatively consistently on nice flat water after I installed a SCOM.
    I am also a 200lb rider pushing 93... it was easier with less fuel for obvious reasons, but I could do it half a tank and below... trim same, RPM's same 8040, air and water temps were higher.
    I would check your intercooler for sludgey mess. another GH post here on that - http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=245355
    You don't need to buy theirs obviously, but I would check it, and if it is bad, get someone's catch can to help mitigate it after a good cleanup.
    He is turning 8040,,, nothing wrong with his intercooler,,,,, you were running 79mph with just a scom? Please tell us your just joking,,,, this guy is looking for help .... your just making matters worse with ridiculous comments

+1
    Plan on going out early tomorrow morning and burn some fuel and see if I gain any mph with less weight as I’m running about 3/4 tank now.

RIVA says their speed runs are at Neutral Trim? Is that in middle? Mine won’t even run 73 without Full Trim. Thanks

+1
    My TX runs fastest at 2-3 clicks below max, about 65-70% trim. On glass water you should see your fastest speeds about 1/4 tank fuel, you’ll have to trim down if it starts to porpoise.
    your mileage may vary. The link posted above about weather conditions is Very important. High barometric pressure, lower temps, lower RAD, and lower humidity will always yield better performance. The weather changes day to day and so will your daily results.

Remember, SCOM only removes gps limiter, you are still banging all over the 8040 rpm limit! Some more pitch to the trailing edge of the impeller and or L13 cone will keep you off the rpm limiter but gain speed.

+1
    T

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Winni300 View Post
    Plan on going out early tomorrow morning and burn some fuel and see if I gain any mph with less weight as Iím running about 3/4 tank now.

RIVA says their speed runs are at Neutral Trim? Is that in middle? Mine wonít even run 73 without Full Trim. Thanks
    Yes. Middle is (neutral ) ,,,,,,, trim up (nozzle in up position) will reduce drag by creating a nose up attitude,,good for flat water speed runs. Trim all the way down (nozzle facing down) the nose will have more surface contact. with the water. Example would be to cut through waves,,or used for maxium holeshot. But will provide 2-3 mph less top speed as more of the craft is contacting the water. ,,,,,,just keep in mind. Riva uses external gps for the speed numbers,,,,seadoo dashes are not accurate. Some guys are claming speed numbers based on the dash readings,,,, dont expect 77 or 79 like some have claimed. 74-75 is reasonable expectation

504 feet above for altitude
    Fresh Water
    Winnie? Newfound? I know you're Winni300 but...…….??

+1
    Thanks to everyone for all the feedback.

So went out this morning and played around with the trim. It loves 73mph at anything from a click above Neutral trim to full trim and will sit at 73 all day.

I burned through some gas and about half a tank now and I got it to stay at 74mph with 2 clicks down from full trim. So Probably can see 75 with less fuel and then I’m right at what RIVA claims and complained for no reason!!

To guybb3...I’m in Paugus Bay on Winni
    Last edited by Winni300; 05-16-2020 at 09:55 AM.

To guybb3...I’m in Paugus Bay on Winni
    Nice!! Plenty of room there. I've hit 74 on mine stock BUT the computer pulled it back in a second or two to 70.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamafzs View Post
    He is turning 8040,,, nothing wrong with his intercooler,,,,, you were running 79mph with just a scom? Please tell us your just joking,,,, this guy is looking for help .... your just making matters worse with ridiculous comments

On the dash, yes 100% at sea level, with the same weight and higher water and air temps...
    One moment while I find the thread and post the link for you...

Here you go:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=281432&page=2

I am not trying to mess with the guy... I am giving my personal experience for reference.
    Also, unless I have been educated incorrectly by several people, the Intercooler being coated may not lower his RPM's off the limiter but it could still have an negative effect on his top his speed.
    Again, it's something worth looking at for sure... Especially since he said he was overfilled from day 1 and they had to address it.
    I wasn't riding in a river with a current or anything like that... Maybe I have a factory freak, or maybe at sea level he would pick up those 2-3mph on the dash and see the numbers he was looking for.

Also, I am not trying to be a dipshit or blow smoke up the guys ass. I don't know where all the puffed up macho hostility bullshit comes from but I accept your apology, thanks.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information