Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks Peter - I put new coils in when I bought the skis but it's probably worth looking into, they weren't OEM, think the brand was viper.

Since I posted I found where the old owner cut into the wiring harness, the tubing which holds the wires running up to the throttle position sensor and dash has been is cut a good foot and a half.….. The fact the ski runs fine then dies makes me think something is being tripped causing the ski to die.

I actually took the ECU off in preparation for switching it with the ECU from my good ski - didnt move forward with it after nmpeter's advice. Put it back on and put my battery back in after letting it sit on the charger earlier in the week and it fired up first try and didn't miss a beat, had it on the hose for 7 minutes. Shut it off and started it 2 or 3 times afterwards and it didnt miss a beat.

Will test it again tomorrow before I take it to the lake over the weekend.

I've read posts like this before and then it ends up being something significant like a wiring harness or ECU, not convinced I've solved it yet.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    I actually took the ECU off in preparation for switching it with the ECU from my good ski - didnt move forward with it after nmpeter's advice. Put it back on and put my battery back in after letting it sit on the charger earlier in the week and it fired up first try and didn't miss a beat, had it on the hose for 7 minutes. Shut it off and started it 2 or 3 times afterwards and it didnt miss a beat.

Will test it again tomorrow before I take it to the lake over the weekend.

I've read posts like this before and then it ends up being something significant like a wiring harness or ECU, not convinced I've solved it yet.
    Another forum member just last week had a balky Ecu when trying to make a seafoo key

Disconnected and reconnected it and bam

It started working

Im not all that surprised actually

The heating and cooling and vibration tends to take a toll on connectors

I guess well see in the next couple of days

Quote Originally Posted by nmpeter View Post
    Another forum member just last week had a balky Ecu when trying to make a seafoo key

Disconnected and reconnected it and bam

It started working

Im not all that surprised actually

The heating and cooling and vibration tends to take a toll on connectors

I guess well see in the next couple of days
    Took it out yesterday and it ran fine..... turns out the valve cover started leaking during the ride so a bit of sludge in the bottom of the ski to take care of and some oil to top off.

Any recommendations on an adhesive or sealant to use keeping the valve cover gasket in place?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information