Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Jon I think you will save a lot of time if you just put a fuel pump in it and take it out for a ride. Considering the spark plug color and the pump`s age and seeing that the pump looks to be original ( no aftermarket pump) just put one in and start enjoying your ski.... even if it does not solve the problem chances it was on it`s way out anyway.
    Thanks CJ..... didnít realize that was likely the original pump.

+1
    Yes Jon that looks to be the original pump ,,,,,the high volume pumps are much longer and don`t have the plastic extension at the output end of the pump.

Got my new fuel pump.....Can someone please confirm the black goes with the black and red goes with the blue..... canít find anything online.
    Also are the black sleeves in the pic enough to seal tight enough for splicing the wires together.

ATTACH]462334[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5861.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	462334  

Got my new fuel pump.....Can someone please confirm the black goes with the black and red goes with the blue..... canít find anything online.
    Also are the black sleeves in the pic enough to seal tight enough for splicing the wires together.

ATTACH]462334[/ATTACH]

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Got my new fuel pump.....Can someone please confirm the black goes with the black and red goes with the blue..... can’t find anything online.
    Also are the black sleeves in the pic enough to seal tight enough for splicing the wires together. ATTACH]462334[/ATTACH]
    • Yes, black goes with the black and red goes with the blue
    • The most secure and durable way to splice two wires together is to solder them. ...
    • 1) Strip the wires of about 1/2 in. ...
    • 2) Heat the joint with a soldering iron or pencil from underneath. ...
    • 3) Heat the shrink tube to make it shrink down around the wire.
    • Looks to plenty of heat shrink there.
    take care
    C J

Thanks CJ, appreciate the help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB View Post
    Thanks CJ, appreciate the help.
    No problem

I think the fuel pump was part of my problem, it ran fine on the hose for several minutes then after giving it some gas it died...took a few videos of what it was doing, it seems to be hesitating when giving it a bit of gas and I really had to give it some gas to get past it.

I have switched out the throttle body with my good ski and that didn't help, could it be the position sensor?

https://youtu.be/zlsbAQLCkQc

https://youtu.be/347Z74QgbMw

Switched out the throttle position sensor with my good ski and the same thing....started and ran on the hose for several minutes, gave it some gas and it was fine, then it just died, got it running again but then just died. Switched out the throttle body and no change..... starting to think it's the ECM....not sure what else it could be.

My good ski runs perfectly with the position sensor and throttle body from the ski I'm working on.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    Since switching out the Ecm is about on par difficulty wise with swapping ignition coils your call on the next step

Iíd try the coils next as dicking with the ecm carries higher risk of bricking both skis

Ignition coils do have a limited service life and faults are hard to test for

There is a manual spec for primary coil resistance you should have a look for

Your closing in....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information