Modeed rxp 215 acceleration comparison?

Hey guys, forgive my ignorance here but I've got a question I cant find an answer to by searching. I'm looking for a new project and another rxp 215 is seeming like a good choice. I've got a stock one now and a stock kawi 300x. I'd like to leave those two alone(or only minimal mods) as we ride 3 to 4 times a week and I'd like to keep the stock reliability and just focus on maintenance on those two. I'm looking at another rxp 215 because it seems like they respond well to mods and the aftermarket is still there(and let's be fair. For a project theyre more affordable than a newer rxp/rxt). I see all of the threads here about how to get top speed to whatever mph I want pretty much. But what isnt discussed is acceleration. My question is, what acceleration gains are had with these higher mph skis? For comparisons sake, can I make an rxp 215 accelerate as quick as(or quicker than) my kawi 300x?

+1
    You can make anything accelerate fast if you have the correct set up and enough money in it and the parts to grt them to go fast are no easy to come. By anymore imo.

Well that's definitely true, I cant argue that lol. I guess a better way to have asked would be what would it take to get similar acceleration?

As for the parts, damn, I'll have to look a little more. At 1st glance it seemed like most stuff was still available. I'm running into that issue with my 300x right now too, most of the mods people have documented doing on here arent available anymore.

As for what I'm up for doing, my options are open. I'm not looking for this to be a 2 week build, it can be a long term project. I'm comfortable rebuilding the engine and wouldnt be afraid to go as "big" as turboing it. That level of work isnt new to me, doing it with a ski is though. I guess the real catch is what stuff is still available.

I have a stage 2 rxpx 300. Intake, 8500 tune, intake grate, free flow exhaust, etc.

I also have a 215 rxp that I did x charger, injectors, made my own intake, pump wedge, riva grate, custom prop, pro OPAS block offs, etc. I will be posting a build thread on it soon.

The difference on the rxp pre and post mods is night and day. The 300 will pull on it slightly from a dig to 70 or so. More torque with the 300 for sure. But it is closer than you think. I also have a stock 215. My modded one will roast my stock one even with my girlfriend on the back..

5. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    I have a stage 2 rxpx 300. Intake, 8500 tune, intake grate, free flow exhaust, etc.

I also have a 215 rxp that I did x charger, injectors, made my own intake, pump wedge, riva grate, custom prop, pro OPAS block offs, etc. I will be posting a build thread on it soon.

The difference on the rxp pre and post mods is night and day. The 300 will pull on it slightly from a dig to 70 or so. More torque with the 300 for sure. But it is closer than you think. I also have a stock 215. My modded one will roast my stock one even with my girlfriend on the back..
    Ok so it's pretty close to your 300 with that. That's good to hear. I figured that would be the case but there's not alot of talk about acceleration, most people just talk top speed.

Looking forward to that build thread, I've read most of them here, I'm always up for another

+1
    Really depends on your budget and how far you want to take it. I started with stock skis then started modifying them with the standard stuff like, intake grates, impeller pitching, cold air intakes, superchargers with more boost, ECU reflashes. That wasn’t enough, then went BIG with Motec M130 ECU to control everything myself, then installed GRF Turbo kit with electronic boost controller. I can go from 17 lbs to 24psi boost on the fly with the turn of a 9 position switch, all on pump gas. The acceleration is mind boggling with the turbo at higher boost levels. Just like the afterburner I had in the F-16 over 20 years. Several of us have done it on SeaDoos and are very reliable. My 2010 RXTX Turbo continues to amaze me. The only issues I have had, have been non-turbo related. The only limits are time and money. You need to set your goals and go after them.

8. +1 by:

+1
    There is PLENTY available for your older RXP. I have the following mods on my 2006 RXT and it accelerates like a bandit and runs 82 mph. It leaves my RXT 300 behind, but then again the 300 only has a MaptunerX tune and Riva power filter.
    All of the parts below are available right here in the GreenHulk store with the exception of the Riva ride plate which has been discontinued.

ET68-140 Supercharger
    Siemens 60 lb Fuel Injectors
    Fizzle F1000 Intercooler
    Tial Blow-Off Valve
    Supertech Intake and Exhaust Valves
    Supertech Valve Springs and Retainers
    Riva Fuel Rail
    Riva Open Cooling System
    Riva Ride Plate
    2016 Sea Doo Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs
    Riva Rear Thru-Hull Exhaust
    Riva/Solas SRX-CD 15/20R Impeller
    Riva Sponsons
    Riva OPAS Block-Off Kit
    4" Kanaflex Intake
    Riva Catch Can
    Riva Intake Grate
    Maptuner X with Data Logging License
    Riva ARP Cylinder Head Bolts
    2008 Sea Doo Exhaust Head Pipe, waterbox and Manifold
    VTS from a 2008 RXT-X

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    There is PLENTY available for your older RXP. I have the following mods on my 2006 RXT and it accelerates like a bandit and runs 82 mph. It leaves my RXT 300 behind, but then again the 300 only has a MaptunerX tune and Riva power filter.
    All of the parts below are available right here in the GreenHulk store with the exception of the Riva ride plate which has been discontinued.

ET68-140 Supercharger
    Siemens 60 lb Fuel Injectors
    Fizzle F1000 Intercooler
    Tial Blow-Off Valve
    Supertech Intake and Exhaust Valves
    Supertech Valve Springs and Retainers
    Riva Fuel Rail
    Riva Open Cooling System
    Riva Ride Plate
    2016 Sea Doo Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs
    Riva Rear Thru-Hull Exhaust
    Riva/Solas SRX-CD 15/20R Impeller
    Riva Sponsons
    Riva OPAS Block-Off Kit
    4" Kanaflex Intake
    Riva Catch Can
    Riva Intake Grate
    Maptuner X with Data Logging License
    Riva ARP Cylinder Head Bolts
    2008 Sea Doo Exhaust Head Pipe, waterbox and Manifold
    VTS from a 2008 RXT-X
    The greenhulk store is exactly where I've been looking, I saw everything still available there, which is why I want to grab another rxp to build. It looks like I've definitely gotten my acceleration question answered, thanks guys! Now to find a "broken" rxp for sale....

Quick question I have almost exact setup on my 2005 RXP, Last few days I get exhaust temp air light and buzzer, and ski goes into limp mode,
    Changed out sensor, it happens less but still get warning now and then.
    any thoughts?

Thread Information