What kind of speed should I except out of 07 RXP 215

What kind of speed should I be getting out of my 07 RXP 215.

Guy I bought it from put a riva exhaust and air filter on it. It has some other riva parts too(not sure what) I donít what that would do in terms of speed. The vts is not working on it but I wouldnít think that that would make that much of a difference.

Max Iíve seen is 58 I feel like I should be getting higher. My mechanic told me I have another 2 seasons or so left on my supercharger. What could the issue be? Or do these older skis just tend to slow down over time?

Iím also using 93 octane fuel.
    130ish hours super charger rebuilt at 90 hours.
    skis at about 7800 rpms when around 50-55 mph
    This is my first ski and any advice would be awesome. Thanks

+1
    Depends, If the VTS is broken, in the down position, then you will have a slow ski. Look at the ski from the rear, if the Nozzle is below the reverse bucket completely, then it may be in the down position. Up, it should have it top lip inline with the reverse bucket.

RPM's are low for sure, should be around 8100 and 67-70 mph. Speedo's are inaccurate, a handheld GPS will give you your speed.

Check for boost leaks, exhaust leaks inside the hull.

When were the spark plugs replaced? A compression check might be a good idea too.

Also, remove the intake tube (a bit hard if it has the Riva air intake on it) and be sure you cannot spin the SC impeller by hand.

What condition is the pump impeller? Climb underneeth wit a flashlight and look up the intake grate and look for debris and damage to the impeller and wear ring. Also, is the pump nose cone still on the impeller?

Not sure what has been done to it, will make it harder to fix, but it is slow and down on power.
    Maybe post a few engine pics and we could determin whats been down to it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sampuck View Post
    What kind of speed should I be getting out of my 07 RXP 215.
    130ish hours super charger rebuilt at 90 hours.
    My mechanic told me I have another 2 seasons or so left on my supercharger.
    Superchargers need rebuilt every 200 hours or every 2 years (whichever comes first).

+1

+1
    .What kind of speed should I be getting out of my 07 RXP 215.

A stock 215 RXP should do about 70-71 mph

Guy I bought it from put a riva exhaust and air filter on it. It has some other riva parts too(not sure what) I donít what that would do in terms of speed. The vts is not working on it but I wouldnít think that that would make that much of a difference.

You need to find out what part have been installed.
    The VTS make a very big difference in speed.

Max Iíve seen is 58 I feel like I should be getting higher. My mechanic told me I have another 2 seasons or so left on my supercharger. What could the issue be? Or do these older skis just tend to slow down over time?

You may also need a new mechanic. There is not timer on a SC. Yours could last 5 more minutes or 5 more years, alot depends on riding style. Also you stated is has been rebuilt, longevity will also depend on who rebuilt it.

+1

I had a very similar issue at the beginning of the season with mine. Heres what I did, in order, to fix it.
    Checked oil level
    New plugs
    Checked pump/impeller for anything out of the ordinary
    Pressure tested intercooler
    Pressure tested from supercharger inlet to exhaust
    Checked s/c slip
    Rebuild s/c to get the slip from around 60 in/lbs to 100in/lbs
    Found and fixed a small boost leak. For me the fogging hose that goes from the throttle body to engine cover was leaking under pressure. I blocked that off as I dont use it to fog anyway.

Results were 8000rpms and 66.xx mph

+1
    If the VTS has your nozzle stuck all the way down then that means that the front of your ski is planted in to the water. By bringing the nozzle up, it make the front end come up and makes the ski more slippery in.the water (less friction) which gives you more speed! The further back you can get the start of the wake from your ski the better without causing the pump not to hook up... But you can only achieve this once you're up on the plane... It's all about balancing out the ski for the best hook up and making it slippy to get the best performance and speed out of it. If your nozzle is all the way down, you're never going to hit the top speed.

One last thing, it would seem that your mechanic is some sort of fortune teller! Even after pulling my SC out after 82 hours, and seeing that it had the washers done. It had the tiniest bit of play in it but I still wouldn't take the chance on it so I've ordered one up and will be changing it out.
    How many hours has your ski done? That's what you need to go by...

+1
    Try to get the VTS to the neutral position. Never found any speed trimming up other than maybe one bump up. With the nozzle trimmed up you start losing pump efficiency. Dont expect more than 65 (GPS) or so from a stock 215 anything. RR

+1
    Iíve had 3 of these and still have 1. They will run 68-70 stock. The one I have now has the air mods, solas prop and a larger SC impeller. I have a pic of the gps that says 74.3 In Cool weather. Great little skis for sure.
    change the oil and plugs and fix the trim. It makes a difference but wonít bring it down to that speed. Sound like you may not be making boost.
    i wouldnít go over 200 hours without rebuild on the SC. And thatís with a good mechanic doing the work. If youíre not sure about yours, have someone else check it.

Thread Information