Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2008 Yamaha FX SHO help with power issues

Hey guys I hope some one can help me, I have 2 2008 Yamaha FX SHO 1 Has been perfect since day one, the other has been nothing but issues. I'm on my third motor. and this one will run, but it has a ruff idle, it runs great at 40 mph if you don't get into it hard. I have check the coils super charger, and now I'm working in the injectors to make sure their not clogged. From what i have read in other post the ECU should be fine. They work or they don't. Does any one else have any suggestions? I dont have a computer to hook up to tell me whats going on. Thanks in advance for all your help.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gixxerjay32 View Post
    Hey guys I hope some one can help me, I have 2 2008 Yamaha FX SHO 1 Has been perfect since day one, the other has been nothing but issues. I'm on my third motor. and this one will run, but it has a ruff idle, it runs great at 40 mph if you don't get into it hard. I have check the coils super charger, and now I'm working in the injectors to make sure their not clogged. From what i have read in other post the ECU should be fine. They work or they don't. Does any one else have any suggestions? I dont have a computer to hook up to tell me whats going on. Thanks in advance for all your help.
    Can't you just swap parts from one ski to the other till you figure out what it is?

+1
    CHeck intercooler for leaks... will cause hesitation, and idle at time issues and if you stab it will hesitate bad.

I have swapped out the coils. and just took the injectors out to see it they are clogged. I don't have a lot of time to work on the jet skis do to my job. I had them in the shop in and out for the last 2 years. and it still is not 100% very frustrated!

I checked the supercharger, they said it should only spin one way i ran it with out the hoses on and you can feel it pushing the air, and i stuck my hand on the inter-cooler and it is sucking air. I would i check it to see if it is leaking??

Change the plugs

I changed the plugs. That was the first thing I did.. thanks for the reply..

+1
    pull intercooler, block one side of the water line., used air compressor to feed it 20-40 -60 psi, holding the whole tank under water if it bubbles you have water leaking into the air steam of the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    pull intercooler, block one side of the water line., used air compressor to feed it 20-40 -60 psi, holding the whole tank under water if it bubbles you have water leaking into the air steam of the motor.
    Thanks for the tips i will give it a try... I need this fix ..

2008 Yamaha FX SHO help with power issues

Today I cleaned the fuel injector, and made sure they were flowing properly, I also took the map sensor out and cleaned it. Fired it up still running bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information