Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

09 Ultra 260x Milky Oil

Hi All,
    I have been having issue with water in the oil all last year. I took the inter cooler out cleaned it up really good. But I still have the same issue with water in the oil. If I take it easy and keep it under 5k no water gets in the oil or air intake tube. Anything over that I will start to get water in the intake tube. In the beginning even if I got water in the intake tube the oil would still be fine. However later on in the season I started to get water in the oil. The oil has been changed many times and at the correct level. When doing my test runs I made sure to not let any water get over the bow. These are my 2 things im thinking it could be.

1. Bad intercoooler - Maybe with a lot more water pressure going fast its just filling the intake with water which then gets into the crankcase?
    2. Cracked head - Not sure how that would make the clear intake tube filled with water though?

Any input is much appreciated!! Thanks

Mostly this happen in Ultra when the head cracked but there is another thing then crack, you should check your cylinder head warp check if it's within the service limit.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbizub View Post
    Hi All,
    I have been having issue with water in the oil all last year. I took the inter cooler out cleaned it up really good. But I still have the same issue with water in the oil. If I take it easy and keep it under 5k no water gets in the oil or air intake tube. Anything over that I will start to get water in the intake tube. In the beginning even if I got water in the intake tube the oil would still be fine. However later on in the season I started to get water in the oil. The oil has been changed many times and at the correct level. When doing my test runs I made sure to not let any water get over the bow. These are my 2 things im thinking it could be.

1. Bad intercoooler - Maybe with a lot more water pressure going fast its just filling the intake with water which then gets into the crankcase?
    2. Cracked head - Not sure how that would make the clear intake tube filled with water though?

Any input is much appreciated!! Thanks
    1. A bad intercooler WONT effect your oil
    2. More than likely a cracked head as if memory serves me correctly the revised head was LATE 09 builds / 2010 models
    3. Could be a corroded oil cooler...……… start here first.... remove it and bench pressure test the water /oil circuit with air pressure and see if you have a cross leak.... a bucket of water and a compressor is all you need.……… if that checks out fine , then sadly its gonna be your head, and normally the water leaks up a head bolt hole into the area under the camshaft due to a internal crack that CAN NOT be repaired...…..

Waz

Thanks everyone, I kind of had a feeling it was a head issue. I didnt think about the oil cooler though. I will check that out. Now I already pulled the engine once to replace the stator cover. Its been a few years so I dont remember exactly, but for the oil cooler and the head does the engine need to come out? Or can you service it while its in place.

+1
    No it doesnt need to come out
    But for the extra 40mins its sure as shit makes it easier to check alot of things while its out.
    replace a belt while its out, check all those hard to see fittings and clamps..

Waz

Thanks everyone, So I will be ordering this reman head https://www.shopsbt.com/jetski/kawas...2008-2014.html . Besides intake ,exhaust, oil pan , and valve cover gaskets + new supercharger belt. Anything else I should be ordering. Im going to go through the whole parts list again and double check. Just seeing if im missing anything else. I will pull the engine out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jbizub View Post
    Thanks everyone, So I will be ordering this reman head https://www.shopsbt.com/jetski/kawas...2008-2014.html . Besides intake ,exhaust, oil pan , and valve cover gaskets + new supercharger belt. Anything else I should be ordering. Im going to go through the whole parts list again and double check. Just seeing if im missing anything else. I will pull the engine out.
    That specific head WILL NOT fit your ski.
    You need a ULTRA 260 head... and it must be the late version.
    SBT is renowned for shit products aswell

According to the application tab it shows it will fit 08- 14 ultra lx. Correct me if I am wrong but I dont think there is a difference between the x vs the lx head? Also if SBT isnt good do you have any recommendations for another place? Not looking to spend thousands for a new head. Also some heads looks to not come assembled. How hard and what is involved to assemble a head. It is something I never have done but more then willing to learn and read up. I think I need to buy some special tools though? Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	head.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	462251  
    Last edited by jbizub; 05-27-2020 at 10:51 AM.

+1
    The STX and Ultra LX are not supercharged. The Ultra 310 LX is, and your 260 is.

I know the lx is not supercharged but I thought the heads are the same. Anyone know where I can get a used head but in good shape? Also what is involved to assemble a head if I found only the core?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information