Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

RRFR / AFR TUNNING (stage 2 sho)

This is my first time, if someone could help shed a lil light on this for me I would appreciate it. I just recently installed innovate wide band, and put in a Riva rrfr today. All my testing today was on trailer with water hose. I set static pressure at 55psi at idle my afr was bouncing between 12.3-12.7. Turned everything off installed rising rate vaccum hose, tried it again and fuel pressure dropped down to mid 40s. So here are my questions

#1 where does everyone set there idle at on trailer (afr)? Mine is a little bit lean, should I try to lower it down some?

#2 Is it normal for fuel pressure to go down form static setting after hooking up rising rate vaccum hose?

#3 After I do get everything set where I like it on trailer, when I get on the water for further testing and I need to add or take away some fuel, can I just adjust regulator with rising rate hose attached, or are you supposed to take it back off and adjust it by resetting static pressure?

Sorry if we of these questions seem silly, like I said this is my first time to set afrs myself on anything and I sure don't want to melt my motor! This is a full stage 2 ski with all the bells and whistles
    Tune - R3
    Wheel C3

+1
    WOT is the AFR you need to be more concerned with, the engine is under load. Most will tell you 11.8-12.3 is where you need to be.

Just out of curiosity, what lead you to put an RRFPR on an R3/C3 combo? This setup is safe with the stock fuel system. I ran it for a few years with no issues.

+1
    I run a r3 with a rising rate regulator with the same extras you use, I found that the best setting is #38 psi WITH the vacuum hose hooked to the reg. and the motor idling. I have wide open afr of 12.1 and a cruzing afr (4500 to 5000 rpm ) of 13.5 and a idle of 13.5 to 14 I run the amount of pressure for optimal fuel mileage if you prefer to run a little richer afrs try 40 psi at idle with the vacuum hose hooked up, I have put 300 hours on my ski using this pressure set up. I do all my psi adjustments with the vacuum hose hooked up. Tommy Jordan
    Last edited by 2fast4u; 05-03-2020 at 11:31 AM. Reason: spelling correction

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pwc4life View Post
    WOT is the AFR you need to be more concerned with, the engine is under load. Most will tell you 11.8-12.3 is where you need to be.

Just out of curiosity, what lead you to put an RRFPR on an R3/C3 combo? This setup is safe with the stock fuel system. I ran it for a few years with no issues.
    I added the rrfpr so I could get a better afr at cruzing speeds to increase my fuel millage, these tunes are way to rich when not in boost conditions IMO

Quote Originally Posted by pwc4life View Post

I done it mainly just out of curiosity, I haven't had any issues, just playing it safe, can ride with more piece of mind, my rpms at wot usually 8640.

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    I run a r3 with a rising rate regulator with the same extras you use, I found that the best setting is #38 psi WITH the vacuum hose hooked to the reg. and the motor idling. I have wide open afr of 12.1 and a cruzing afr (4500 to 5000 rpm ) of 13.5 and a idle of 13.5 to 14 I run the amount of pressure for optimal fuel mileage if you prefer to run a little richer afrs try 40 pas at idle with the vacuum hose hooked up, I have put 300 hours on my ski using this pressure set up. I do al my psi adjustments with the vacuum hose hooked up. Tommy Jordan
    Thanks Tommy, that makes me feel better. So cruising around at normal rpms 4-6k it's ok to be 13-14ish on afrs?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhb View Post
    Thanks Tommy, that makes me feel better. So cruising around at normal rpms 4-6k it's ok to be 13-14ish on afrs?
    yes, I see lots of 13.8 to 14.5 at 5000 rpms when I get close to 6000 -6500 rpms my afrs start to go down to the high 12's and low 13's before I added the rrfpr I was seeing some gas in my oil over time. when I finally got my psi/ afr where I liked it now with 30 hours on a oil change my oil level is exactly where I started at no more rising levels

Ok thanks waiting on my boost gauge to come in then gonna head to lake and see what happens.

Went out to lake today to check the AFRs after installing rrfr. The ski ran pretty decent, but I am pretty confused about the AFRs I was getting. I set regulator on 40psi with rising rate hose attached. Ski was about 14 idling and would richen up the more I gave it throttle, cruising at 4-5k was in the mid 12s and WOT was pig rich in the 10s. I turned regulator down to 35psi and WOT was still in the 10s. So I turned it down to 33 and still WOT was in the 10s??? I didn't feel comfortable going any lower. Anyone got any ideas of what's going on?

Water temp was 82
    Outside temp 78
    Sea level
    Max rpm was 8640
    Top speed was 81 mph
    Boost was about 12 psi

I have my rising rate hose T'ed into by boost gauge hose, not sure if I should have done that or not? First pass with a boost gauge also today, I thought at my rpms I would have had a little higher boost number than that with the c3, I believe it supposed to have 11psi at 7700 and about 14 at 8500?

+1
    Take the rising rate off, is taking too much fuel at idle and adding too much at wot. Remove the hose block the fitting on the manifold and give it a try

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information