Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    +1
    What happens when you drop it to 32 psi?

+1
    I'm going down the AFR road right now. Dean suggested I go with PLX. Self calibrating was the first thing he said after. I'm going bluetooth with my phone for the AFR gauge. Sweet setup, quality bosch sensor, complete bluetooth kit is on sale with PLX direct. Can add their mountable gauge to this setup at the same time if ya want. Here's some info on this thread if it can help. Maybe the calibration and bosch sensor could save some head scratchin.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=291037

I have tried 2 different set-ups both with the same results, rich in the 10s at WOT. Someone suggested to me a slipping clutch can cause a rich afr. I going to replace it as a soon as GreenHulk gets the new 21 style clutches in stock. I do not feel clutch slipping and wheel only turns in 1 direction, but I have lost 250-300 rpms somewhere. I have 120hrs on this 2010 clutch. I hate to spend all that money on clutch just to troubleshoot AFRs, but I running out of things to try!

+1
    Just installed mine tonight. Hoping for a test run tomorrow. 56 in FL tomorrow. Might as well be 50 below for us lol. I did notice one thing in the PLX manual. The riva O2 sensor mount seems to put the bosch sensor right into the middle of the exhaust. The manual calls for a 15 degree angle. I'm thinking maybe a spacer is needed. Not sure, will see how it all goes tomorrow. Check the attached photo of the PLX manual referring to the mounting of the sensor. Also, are you sure the sensor is good? The PLX offers an intelli-health feature. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210115-203948_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	470495

Yes tried 3 brand new sensors, last one I also installed the innovate heat sink bung. All same results

+1
    Been trying to do more research about this 15 degree angle. Find mentions of the need for the 15 degree angle but most adapters/spacers are 45 degree and are used to cure CEL (idiot lights) on cars. Came across this though. Not much help but figured I'd pass along

The Sniper ships with an OEM grade Bosch O2 sensor. Not some generic piece as some have speculated. Oxygen sensors read unburnt Oxygen not Fuel. All it knows is what it sees in the pipe. When a wide band sensor is (DAMAGED) it almost always reads dead lean. Why? Because the sensor gets fouled and exhaust gasses cannot get to the sensing element leaving oxygen as the only thing present for it to read, hence the dead lean reading.

So, what damages O2 sensors?

Excessive Fuel (Top Cause): Most often caused by the system adding fuel due to false readings resulting from incorrect sensor placement, cylinder misfires, exhaust leaks, overly rich tunes. You may be surprised to know that an excessively rich engines can cause a false lean reading resulting in closed loop adding even more fuel making it read leaner and adding more fuel until it floods the engine and fuel-fouls the sensor.
    Oil control: If you're burning oil you will kill your O2 sensor, closed loop chasing unstable fuel supply issues( see fuel pumps comment)
    Wrong Sealants or Fuel Additives: Those that are not O2 sensor safe will kill your sensor.
    O2 Sensor Mounting: The O2 needs to be mounted 6-8” after the merge in the header collector. It needs the tip pointed down at least 10 degrees from horizontal and at least 15 degrees from vertical I prefer about a 45 degree angle from horizontal. You should then have at least 18-24” of pipe after the sensor. If you have any exhaust leaks between the combustion chamber and 18-24” after the sensor you are going to have problems.
    Pinched or Burnt O2 sensor Wiring: Keep it high, tight, and safe. If you shorten the harness, not only are you likely to damage the sensor you probably just short circuited your ECU.

+1
    Just an update. Took my first run with the PLX AFR. It was about 56-60 degrees in FL, very cold conditions for us. At WOT, I was seeing 13's on the AFR at around 60psi at the fuel regulator. Will be trying 65 psi next to bring it down. Haven't tried since but there's what I'm seeing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information