Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I have boost line coming from intake manifold plugged. I bought my regulator second hand from a member here, it didn't come with the vent for regulator so I just put a hose on it there, made a few loops and zip tied it up so it can vent.

+1
    The way I understand it...

you do it 1 of 2 ways.

Static, you Plug the Boost reference line. either with the fitting that blocks it on the regulator that comes with it, or short peace of vaccume hose on the fitting and plugged clamped tight so seal it.

OR rising rate, the vaccume hose is connected to your intake manifold so it can see the change in pressure.

so if you have it just the vaccume hose open and connected to the regulator I would think this would cause you a issue.

Yes that's how I have it, the only difference is my regulator didn't come with the vent for regulator to use when u go to static, it only has the barb fitting for rising rate. I tapped the intake manifold and ran the vac hose from regulator to manifold with the intention of running rising rate all the time. After trying multiple psi and AFRs never changing, I decided to try static. So I just cut the rising rate hose into, plugged and clamped the end attached to the manifold and rolled up the end attached to the regulator and zip tied up to keep it from hanging down in hull and bouncing around. Set static back to a factory psi and AFRs still read the same pig rich mid 10s. I tried every where from 35 psi to 60 psi and AFRs still read mid 10s no matter what. So I think I have a bad o2 sensor. I set back to factory psi (static), put in new plugs, and ran good, checked plugs, and they looked good?

Gonna order the heat sink, and a new o2 sensor and try again later

+1
    I think your missing my point. the hose/barb on the Pressure regulator should be plugged too?

I just got one new from RIva and it come with barb, or a plug for that hole no "vent".. you plug it for static, or barb-hose-intake for Rising rate.

I see what your saying, but my Riva instructions say put vent on regulator for static or barb for rising rate, Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200708-180431.jpeg 
Views:	34 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	464168Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20200708-180441.jpeg 
Views:	35 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	464169

Well I have confirmed the problem is not the fuel pressure regulator.The problem revolves around the innovate LC1 wideband. I installed the heat sink bung and a brand new bosh 4.2 replacement O2 sensor. Went to lake today to test out. Everything started out great, AFRs were going just right, at wot I seen 11.9 for a few seconds then it would flash 21.something, then it would just stay at that 21.whatever and then went to blinking 7.4 non stop until it was powered down. After a few mins powered down I would turn back on let heat up then try again, had same results everything worked great while crusing, the wot and got 11.9 again then the 21.?, Then constant blinking 7.4.!! This thing is giving me the blues, anyone had this problem or know what to check for I would greatly appreciate it!

+1
    Little update to this. Just finished installing mine as well. and the instructions do call the plug a vent.... then spoke to Riva, and the "plug" has a metal filter or something that lets it vent. but not like just a open vacume line?..

Also there is a rubber plug on the top of the gauge that I was instructed to snip the end off to vent the gauge.

This allows the gauge to always be accurate in the environment its in (temp, and altitude.) small amount of oil came out and did change the pressure by 1-3 lbs.

Set it to 53lbs for testing with Wideband and will work my way back to what I need to be.
    Last edited by mittens; 07-28-2020 at 01:44 PM.

+1
    With it being 90 out, in Alabama 53 psi with stock wheel was puttingme at 11.0-11.2 WOT.

so went to 50 psi, and 11.5-11.7

Dropped to 49 pis and one pass was 11.8-12.0 then my Wide band died.... so I could not verfi it a few times. So I bumped back to 50psi, for the day.

once new wide band comes I will see what it needs to be on hot day.. and then know my range. 54psi gets me were I need to be for early / end of season riding 60-70 degrees out. as that's just a little fatter then my stock fuel pressure was at running 12.0-12.2..

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    the 4.9 LSU wideband is more rubust unit instead of the older generation 4.2, tune it and plug the hole, save the sensor for winter tunning. If you leave it in there it will eventually get ruined by the high humidity content.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information