Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    Take the rising rate off, is taking too much fuel at idle and adding too much at wot. Remove the hose block the fitting on the manifold and give it a try
    I'll have to give that a try, but what would cause it to do that?.. does the rising rate need its own dedicated line? Mine is hooked in with boost gauge.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhb View Post
    Max rpm was 8640
    Top speed was 81 mph
    Boost was about 12 psi

First pass with a boost gauge also today, I thought at my rpms I would have had a little higher boost number than that with the c3, I believe it supposed to have 11psi at 7700 and about 14 at 8500?
    That boost, rpm and speed is right in line with what I and others have reported with the C3. R&D seems to overrate their boost a little. Or perhaps they are measuring boost at a different location in the system than most of us?

Yea I was pleased with everything but the rich AFRs, I am running r&d plate with 2 shims on each side, so I feel like I could get some more speed out of it, just got to figure out this rich problem. As of right now I think I'll just take rising rate off and go back to around stock fuel pressure on static and see what happens maybe..

I don't know if it matters or not, but I went back over the Riva instructions on setting the fuel pressure it says to un-hook the rising rate hose from regulator, then to pinch off or block the rest of the hose that is attached to the intake. I didn't un-hook the line from the regulator, just pinched it off while still attached to intake. Could this be a problem? Does the regulator have to vent or something while setting pressure up?
    I bought my regulator second hand, it didn't come with the vent for static, it came with the barb fitting and hose already installed. So I just hooked up and pinched the hose? May not matter idk?

+1
    The regulator has to vent.

I think I must have a bad 02 sensor, no matter what I do afr's at wide open throttle read the same, super rich mid 10s, I have tried multiple settings with rising rate, and multiple settings static, got tired of fooling with it so I put it static at 51 ( factory is 49-52) and left it, seems to run good..

Everytime I set my static fuel pressure, after a ride I re-check it and it always backs down a few pounds. I set it to 51 and after ride it was on 49, so the next day I set it to 53 and again it backed down to 49. So this evening I set it to 55, gonna see where it ends up tomorrow, hoping it will be at 50-51. Anyone else have this issue?

+1
    Are you setting the static pressure with it running at idle or just key on?

Idle on trailer in water at ramp, I had to set it at 55 to stay at 52.

+1
    And you have the plug in to block off the Rising rate correct? Comes with a nipple for vaccume tube/boost reference, or a plug to block it off for static set up.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information