Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Lake Lanier
    Posts
    10

    2008 rxp x~255 jet pump prv

    Hi my first thread ,jerry recommended i ask this here.i have seen several threads on a few skis but was hoping to get some 08 x255 only pics and comments.Pretty much know how and where just looking for sound advice . I am looking to build a pump pressure relief kit for my jet pump...my build as of now.... i've got 3 inch custom aluminum intake with k&n ,50 lb.riva inj's,2 degree wedge,riva tit retainers,open loop,137+4,stock grate, a/f gauge and boost gauge,fresh s.c ,motor mounts,driveline,and jet pump with solas 15/22r. 8650 tuned to this.a pair of 3/4"cv-3t on the way. hoping some one has a build/install sheet from one of the kits still or just great advice and or pics to help...thanks


  2. #2
    RiverRat71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Flint River, GA
    Posts
    545
    +1
    108
    Are you going to be over 80 with these mods? RR

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    Jhubbs255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Vandalia Ohio
    Posts
    252
    +1
    7
    I hope. Sounds like he has my exact ski I did those mods over this winter.. I drilled 2 hole in my pump before the impeller with 3/4" smooth face bilge pump outlets. Ran hose to 3/4" " check valve the 2 more holes in the rear of the ski with the same bilge hardware. There use to be kits. Glade rider had a good read up on the prv

  5. #4
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    9,316
    +1
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by big daddy kush View Post
    Hi my first thread ,jerry recommended i ask this here.i have seen several threads on a few skis but was hoping to get some 08 x255 only pics and comments.Pretty much know how and where just looking for sound advice . I am looking to build a pump pressure relief kit for my jet pump...my build as of now.... i've got 3 inch custom aluminum intake with k&n ,50 lb.riva inj's,2 degree wedge,riva tit retainers,open loop,137+4,stock grate, a/f gauge and boost gauge,fresh s.c ,motor mounts,driveline,and jet pump with solas 15/22r. 8650 tuned to this.a pair of 3/4"cv-3t on the way. hoping some one has a build/install sheet from one of the kits still or just great advice and or pics to help...thanks
    Good list of mods. You really need to try and find a R&D grate, the stock grate will slow you down, BAD. I will try and find pics of the pressure relief that we had on my 08 when I had it.

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat71 View Post
    Are you going to be over 80 with these mods? RR
    He will be close. As I said above, the stock grate really holds that ski back.

  6. #5
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    9,316
    +1
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhubbs255 View Post
    I drilled 2 hole in my pump before the impeller with 3/4" smooth face bilge pump outlets. Ran hose to 3/4" " check valve the 2 more holes in the rear of the ski with the same bilge hardware. There use to be kits. Glade rider had a good read up on the prv
    Sounds like you nailed the pump relief pretty good.

  7. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Lake Lanier
    Posts
    10

    left off FIZZLE 1000 mod

    thanks guys! left out my one of my best mods with the FIZZLE 1000 and relocator with hard piping also ARP Fly wheel bolts.. RiverRat71 i hope to hit 80+ anything over would be great so .jhubbs255 you got some pics? i hope...) and you drilled the pump not the shoe? correct? only pic i found on here was a 09 xp i seen the pretty Glade sprinkler system lol very cool...i just noticed there are 3 different campbell ~ 3/4 valves at least .1 is yellow at 175 psi 2 is red at 200 psi and havent found psi on the non colored .which ones did you get? Troyheb ty and i can't find the R&D or RIVA for my year or hp(model) i can find it for ever other px almost lol. any help would be awesome!!
    Last edited by big daddy kush; 05-07-2020 at 05:38 PM.

  8. #7

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Lake Lanier
    Posts
    10
    oh yea and jerry said the discontinued Riva was the intake grate to have ..found it over seas new .some one say not to and why before tomorrow night ordering it

  9. #8
    I run pretty much the same setup on my 09 rxtx with the r&d grate. I do not run prv’s. 81.5 gps @8740 in summertime temps. I had the riva grate at one time, it may be slightly faster but is weak and won’t hook up nearly as well in any kind of chop. I run the riva nozzle with a 15/22r and 85mm ring in the summer and 84 ring in the fall. The stuffing issue is directly related to the nozzle diameter. With my setup 83mm is marginal and anything less will stuff.

  10. +1 by:


  11. #9
    Jhubbs255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Vandalia Ohio
    Posts
    252
    +1
    7
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200509_100323.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	461456Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200509_100447.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	112.4 KB 
ID:	461457
    All I can really get pic wise for now sorry. The check valves I got at Lowe's I'm sure there are better options but these I think should work. The bilge hardware I got online. There were in the GH store at one point think they still are

  12. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Lake Lanier
    Posts
    10

    rxtx is not same tunnel or hull as px .thank you though

    rxtx isnt the same hull or tunnel size(it's longer) ,thank you though for the input

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2008 RXP-X 255 swap to 2008 RXT-X 255
    By J-Grow in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-21-2019, 10:24 AM
  2. 2008 Rxp-x 255 pump question
    By Canned in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-20-2017, 09:05 PM
  3. FS 2008 RXP 215 and 2008 RXPX 255 $7000 for both w/trailer tools
    By killercut in forum Sea Doo 4Tec Skis
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-24-2016, 03:12 PM
  4. Can I use the impeller off my 2008 rxp-x 255 on a 2004 rxp 215 ski
    By travis ingram in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-17-2015, 01:02 PM
  5. 2008 RXP 155 to 2008 RXPX 255 or 215 model
    By clelly30 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2014, 11:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •