Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is the thru hull exhaust too loud

Hello, Im modding my 2013 FZR and im thinking about putting the thru hull exhaust but im worried its too loud, i know people have talked about this on the forum but im still not convinced. I go through a lot of no wake zones with a grou pof people that are stock so i want noise to the minimum

Quote Originally Posted by GlossyHorse View Post
    Hello, Im modding my 2013 FZR and im thinking about putting the thru hull exhaust but im worried its too loud, i know people have talked about this on the forum but im still not convinced. I go through a lot of no wake zones with a grou pof people that are stock so i want noise to the minimum
    Yeah if you put a riva or any type of exhaust on it itís gonna be very loud. Hereís a vid for ya.

Sounds good tho.

+1
    It's very subjective. I don't think it's to loud, but from how you talking it's going to be to loud for you.

+1
    I go through a lot of no wake zones with a grou pof people that are stock so i want noise to the minimum
    Then do a TJ`s ( Tommy Jordan) exhaust mod, it is easy and fun to do, if you like working on your ski. Has a nice deep sound to it and will not cost you a lot of money... at most $6.00 .

Let us know what you have decided.

Take Care
    C J

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    ... I go through a lot of no wake zones with a group of people that are stock so I want noise to the minimum
    Well then leave the exhaust stock.

The whole point of aftermarket (or DIY) exhaust modifcations is to make the exhaust sound louder or more annoying (to others), or both.

There is no power gain. Not even a little.

+1
    Here is the TJ mod it is a little louder but no where as loud as a through hull exhaust and your neighbors will be happy also Tommy Jordan http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ow+w%2Fo+noise

7. +1 by:

+1
    I run the TJ exhaust. I like it much better than anything else. the thru hull is really loud and the free flow is loud and makes a terrible drone.

9. +1 by:

Guys I did this aftermarket waterbox/thru hull thing when I was young and in the two stroke days. I never saw any significant increase in power or speed and only attracted attention to myself in the process. With the SHO/SVHO I havent heard of anyone saying it makes more power. If you want to ride first, stay away from it in my opinion.

Leave the factory waterbox with through hull and its not loud. Add the riva waterbox and then it gets LOUD

12. +1 by:

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I’ve tried from the TJ exhaust to a rear exit. I didn’t think the rear exhaust was any louder at all. Except at idle. The through hull is louder at idle because the exhaust outlet is above the water

14. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information