Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

jetboat impeller suggestions 215

Hey all,

Over due for a prop/pump upgrade on my speedster 215. Most likely going with a solas SRX 15/20 but open to suggestions. Will do an Et 127 wheel and 42 injectors after I see how this performs. Should be able to spin that no problem with current supporting mods and fully realized after the SC rebuild. Might play with the trailing edge a bit after testing. Hitting GPS 57-58mph wide open on the stock prop consistently, which seems pretty good. Motor runs strong but is screaming at those higher rpms. Boat has been slowly rebuilt since '15 Relevant engine mods listed below. Located in NJ for elevation reference.

Edit--Solas impeller finder says 14/19 for a stock motor. I thought it was 13/18. Makes me think the 15/20 should be just fine. Perhaps even 15/21?

Edit2- Anyone verify if a 2 degree Riva pump wedge will fit here? I mostly go off of the model year spec for the RXP since most parts are interchangeable. However there are some exceptions such as the intake grate applications. Any insight would be appreciated thanks!

-Riva Maptuner running stage 1 8350rpm
    -Fizzle intercooler with water strainer
    -3 inch custom side exit exhaust from water box
    -3.5 inch SC intake
    -Riva fuel rail
    -Riva tstat
    -Riva fuel pump
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-5811.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	460940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-5035.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	460943   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-5034.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	460939   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-4939.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	460942   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-5033.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	460938  
    Last edited by njallday18; 04-28-2020 at 09:55 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by njallday18 View Post
    Hey all,

Over due for a prop upgrade on my speedster 215. Most likely going with a solas SRX 15/20 but open to suggestions. Will do an Et 127 wheel and 42 injectors after I see how this performs. Should be able to spin that no problem with current supporting mods and fully realized after the SC rebuild. Might play with the trailing edge a bit after testing. Hitting GPS 57-58mph wide open on the stock prop consistently, which seems pretty good. Motor runs strong but is screaming at those higher rpms. Boat has been slowly rebuilt since '15 Relevant engine mods listed below. Located in NJ for elevation reference.

Edit--Solas impeller finder says 14/19 for a stock motor. I thought it was 13/18. Makes me think the 15/20 should be just fine. Perhaps even 15/21?

-Riva Maptuner running stage 1 8350rpm
    -Fizzle intercooler with water strainer
    -3 inch custom side exit exhaust from water box
    -3.5 inch SC intake
    -Riva fuel rail
    -Riva tstat
    -Riva top loader grate
    -Riva fuel pump

15/20 will work good with the et127+3mm and 42s with tune, runs rich at wot though..
    Your wasting your money with the

Zero performance gains on the -3 inch custom side exit exhaust from water box
    Zero gains with -Riva fuel rail
    Zero gains with -Riva tstat The engine won't run any hotter then stock.. To cold is actually really bad..
    Zero gains with -Riva top loader grate

Go 4 inch Kanaflex for the intake.
    top loader will slow you down.

+1
    I had the same boat with a X-charger and 42's..
    The 13/18 Solas was perfect!

Thanks for your input. Just so were clear, I can run the 15/20 now? but will be fully utilized after injectors and SC build.

These upgrades were done overtime as solutions to underlying issues. I didn't just splurge on random stuff. Nothing is wasted here as it has been a slow and fun project. I'm more than thrilled with how its performed so far but certainly due for the prop, 42s and SC build

-Didnt like the exhaust oem routed underwater so its just a 90 degree off to the side above water. Too many stories of sinking crafts. It will be nicer when I do the newer style exhaust mani to riva waterbox. Tired of the Jpipe deal.
    -The Riva fuel rail can accommodate both the oem injectors and the 42's when they inevitably happen, so it was an easy choice.
    -OEM tstat had to be replaced in '17. Works well so far
    -I mispoke. I did install the top loader but it was ripped off somehow. I've been running grate-less** Besides the uncommon plastic bag, its as good as it gets til I can figure out my grate issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane1000 View Post
    I had the same boat with a X-charger and 42's..
    The 13/18 Solas was perfect!
    What elevation? and was it tuned?

+1
    Sea level....Ecu had a flash....8800 limiter

It was awesome.

+1
    Thanks for your input. Just so were clear, I can run the 15/20 now?

-Didnt like the exhaust oem routed underwater so its just a 90 degree off to the side above water. Too many stories of sinking crafts. Tired of the Jpipe deal.
    -The Riva fuel rail can accommodate both the oem injectors and the 42's when they inevitably happen, so it was an easy choice.
    -OEM tstat had to be replaced in '17. Works well so far
    I can run the 15/20 now? Yes, a solas concord

Didnt like the exhaust oem routed underwater so its just a 90 degree off to the side above water. Too many stories of sinking crafts. Tired of the Jpipe deal. It won't sink, there are 6 straps from the resonator to the last fitting, just verify they are in, replace the J pipe water box with a used newer style with no J-pipe, it will cost you less money then the riva kit and you'll have a hole that can leak on you..

-OEM tstat had to be replaced in '17. Works well so far... Does absolutely nothing for you except wear down your bearings prematurely due to the engine not running at its 190F efficient temperature range..

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane1000 View Post
    Sea level....Ecu had a flash....8800 limiter

It was awesome.
    Wow I was worried about spinning any harder than 8350 without significant internal work. Good to know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    I can run the 15/20 now? Yes, a solas concord

Didnt like the exhaust oem routed underwater so its just a 90 degree off to the side above water. Too many stories of sinking crafts. Tired of the Jpipe deal. It won't sink, there are 6 straps from the resonator to the last fitting, just verify they are in, replace the J pipe water box with a used newer style with no J-pipe, it will cost you less money then the riva kit and you'll have a hole that can leak on you..

-OEM tstat had to be replaced in '17. Works well so far... Does absolutely nothing for you except wear down your bearings prematurely due to the engine not running at its 190F efficient temperature range..
    OK thanks. I was referring to the exhaust outlet in the transom that was prone to water intrusion. You're saying the new style OEM waterbox over the riva box?
    The only real function I require of the tstat is to "work" which it does. If it does indeed wear faster, thats just something ill deal with down the line.

+1
    Wow I was worried about spinning any harder than 8350 without significant internal work. Good to know, thanks!

You'll need to lighten your valves, replace the springs if they are old, replace the stock retainers with titanium and replace the flywheel bolts to spin more then 8400ish..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information