Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

+1

anything like a motec but with support?

I am tired of fighting with this m400. Is there anything else stand alone for early seadoos? Circa 2004 to be exact. I dont want something that the support is to watch a webinar that doesnt answer my question. What about AEM? Anyone use one on a 2004? My ski cranks for 40 plus seconds to start with this motec. Doesnt seem to have any spark until it magically decides to. On my sensor capture screen it shows the cam and crank sensor with consistent saw tooth so Im not sure what its issue is.
    Last edited by toxicgun; 04-22-2020 at 05:12 PM.

+1
    Who did you purchase your m400 from?

+1
    I'm surprised you see a consistent signal since these rotax motors slow down and speed up during cranking. Iíve done some fighting with this on the Vipec side, it can start instantly or it's cranking and kicking back against the starter.

The only solution is a custom trigger detection for 3cylinder rotax in the firmware or modification of the trigger wheel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    I'm surprised you see a consistent signal since these rotax motors slow down and speed up during cranking. I’ve done some fighting with this on the Vipec side, it can start instantly or it's cranking and kicking back against the starter.

The only solution is a custom trigger detection for 3cylinder rotax in the firmware or modification of the trigger wheel.

this has been one of my suspicions as I dont have this much trouble on the water. But yes I see one spike on the cam with the set from the crank sensor. Right now I cant even get it to start without almost cranking the battery dead.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 05_RXP View Post
    Who did you purchase your m400 from?
    no idea, bought it two years ago

+1
    You can read up a bit on this here http://forums.linkecu.com/topic/6500...e-rotax-4-tec/

7. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    yeah, that is my problem exactly right there. I cant find any rhyme or reason to when it decides to start. I am suspecting out of the water the engine is spinning faster causing the weird signals as the engine hits compression. Interesting point on mine is that once the engine warms up it catches almost right away consistently.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicgun View Post
    no idea, bought it two years ago
    Try emailing info@precisionsports.ca Martin is a great guy and always willing to help he is also very knowledgeable with the motec. Hey should be able point you in the right direction.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by toxicgun View Post
    I am tired of fighting with this m400. Is there anything else stand alone for early seadoos? Circa 2004 to be exact. I dont want something that the support is to watch a webinar that doesnt answer my question. What about AEM? Anyone use one on a 2004? My ski cranks for 40 plus seconds to start with this motec. Doesnt seem to have any spark until it magically decides to. On my sensor capture screen it shows the cam and crank sensor with consistent saw tooth so Im not sure what its issue is.
    Try lowering ignition timing (at idle) based on throttle position. You may have too much initial timing. Mine was at 13*, now its 9.8* initial timing.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Try lowering ignition timing (at idle) based on throttle position. You may have too much initial timing. Mine was at 13*, now its 9.5* initial timing.
    i will try that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information