Question about Riva Stage 1 kit for my 2016 FX SVHO

Hi, I'm wanting to do the Riva Stage 1 kit and also the riva waterbox.. would I be running lean without a tune? I'm wanting to get a flash or buy a tuner its just not in the budget this week. I'm ready to buy now. Thanks! Jay

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GodM0dEngaged View Post
    Hi, I'm wanting to do the Riva Stage 1 kit and also the riva waterbox.. would I be running lean without a tune?
    Hello Jay and welcome to the forum,
    Installing a Riva Stage one kit should not affect the combustion mixture. All you are doing till you get a tune, is installing a ride plate and a aftermarket waterbox. The Riva water box is loud if that`s what you like for your ski. LOL you will scare every clam on the waterbed that`s in ear shoot of you.

Those people at Riva are good people,,,,you will like dealing with them. Don't forget to use the discount code greenhulk in the forums store to get 10 percent off most purchases.
    Take Care
    C J

Hi, I'm wanting to do the Riva Stage 1 kit and also the riva waterbox.. would I be running lean without a tune? I'm wanting to get a flash or buy a tuner its just not in the budget this week. I'm ready to buy now. Thanks! Jay
    get the maptune and forget the water box for now. you can add it latter.

4. +1 by:

+1
    Hi, I'm wanting to do the Riva Stage 1 kit and also the riva waterbox.. Thanks! Jay
    The Riva waterbox will give little to no extra performance, like Yellojacket said go with the Maptuner. Money better spent for performance, the waterbox not going to do much for speed if any.

Think about doing a TJ Exhaust Mod easy and fun to do,,,and sounds good too. It`s all about what you like in the end.

C J

Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    The Riva waterbox will give little to no extra performance, like Yellojacket said go with the Maptuner. Money better spent for performance, the waterbox not going to do much for speed if any.

Think about doing a TJ Exhaust Mod easy and fun to do,,,and sounds good too. It`s all about what you like in the end.

C J

What is an "TJ" Exhaust Mod ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FAMT View Post
    What is an "TJ" Exhaust Mod ?
    Leaving the stock exhaust in place, but removing the resonator portion. It's basically a free flow exhaust, but using the flimsy rubber stock exhaust components.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Leaving the stock exhaust in place, but removing the resonator portion. It's basically a free flow exhaust, but using the flimsy rubber stock exhaust components.

it’s cheaper and nowhere near as annoying as the free flow kits. It actually sounds pretty good. The rear exhaust is the way to go if you really want to mod the exhaust

Thread Information