2005 seadoo rxt instrument cluster wonít go on HELP!

I have a 2005 seadoo rxt and the instrument cluster wonít go on I also donít have a beep when I plug in the lanyard but the ski does start no problem, I know the cluster is not faulty as I hade it tested and everything works, cleaned all the connections good power and ground going to it as well as all the pins in the connectors leading to the cluster are in the proper spot, Any advice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Woodard View Post
    I know the cluster is not faulty as I hade it tested and everything works
    I have an intermittent issue with cluster working and not working. Curious how you had yours tested to determine everything in the cluster is working?

I would start with making sure you have a good strong fresh battery with extremely good clean and tight connections. I would think you would have this since the ski starts.

Read on another site where on especially older machines that the fuse connections in the fuse blocks can get some not sure if corrosion or oxidation over time in the environment they are in. Enough that it may not be visible but enough that could cause enough resistance to lower the voltage out of range or completely open the circuit but the fuse checks good. Someone responded that he replaced all his fuses and installed a new battery and it fixed his instrument cluster issue.

I plan to do the same but while I have the battery out I plan to clean the fuse terminals with some electrical connection/contact cleaner and a small blade to just fit the press fit connections to remove any build up that may be on the surfaces. It'll be a tedious PIA but worth doing as I know well how finicky electrical circuits and components can be.

And I already have a new battery so covered there.

Blue

Thread Information