Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    15 FZR pretty much stock setup. 575 hrs original clutch! YamaLube every 50hrs, maybe just luck . I’m sure it will blowout next ride now

Billy D

2. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pwc4life View Post
    Last time I spoke to Jerry he advocated using Yamalube or Amsoil Marine on supercharged applications. If what you're saying is true then that's the first time I've ever heard him speak against using Amsoil Marine in supercharged Yamaha applications. I'd like to see him chime in on here.
    I did not say to jerry, specifically I using Amsoil in my ski, (though I was) I just told him I was using a synthetic oil in my ski. Maybe if I was more specific with the brand of synthetic oil he may have recommended to me not to switch. Whenever I do get a chance to talk to him, I will ask, because I think it is such a good product and would like to use it again in my ski. Your posting this was very informative...thanks.

bypwc4life "Last time I spoke to Jerry he advocated using Yamalube or Amsoil Marine on supercharged applications."

So what I am gather here in my posting with you, is that Jerry only approves of one synthetic oil in a supercharged ski and that is Amsoil?
    Last edited by cjk6119; 04-24-2020 at 06:54 AM.

+1
    Mobi1 full synthetic 10w 40 from walmart. 2014 fx svho running 88 mph at 9160 rpm. Replaced clutch at 75 hrs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    Amsoil is great oil, I have used it in my Mazda 626 266300 miles. I have used it in my FX-SVHO with 182 hours, till 1 fast svho said it was not a good idea and doubled by Jerry
    Last time I spoke to Jerry he advocated using Yamalube or Amsoil Marine on supercharged applications. If what you're saying is true then that's the first time I've ever heard him speak against using Amsoil Marine in supercharged Yamaha applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119 View Post
    I did not say to jerry, specifically I using Amsoil in my ski, (though I was) I just told him I was using a synthetic oil in my ski. Maybe if I was more specific with the brand of synthetic oil he may have recommended to me not to switch.
    Then your previous post was misleading. You implied that Jerry did not think running Amsoil in supercharged Yamaha applications was a good idea and now you're saying you never discussed Amsoil Marine with him specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by cjk6119
    So what I am gather here in my posting with you, is that Jerry only approves of one synthetic oil in a supercharged ski and that is Amsoil?
    No. Reread my post. At one time, in the not too distant past, he advocated use of Yamalube or Amsoil Marine. This does not suggest that these are the only approved oils, but rather they were his two favorites at the time.

+1
    No. Reread my post. At one time, in the not too distant past, he advocated use of Yamalube or Amsoil Marine. This does not suggest that these are the only approved oils, but rather they were his two favorites at the time.
    Maybe I was not clear in my writing the post,, I was not specific on the brand of oil at the time I spoke with him. I just said to jerry I was using synthetic oil 15w40.

Does Jerry still advocat using Amsoil Marine on supercharged applications?

Take Care
    Last edited by cjk6119; 04-24-2020 at 05:40 PM.

+1
    yamalube is cheaper than amsoil. why not use the recommended oil? I have 210k on my Ford running non other than motorcraft which is hella cheap at walmart.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9789 View Post
    yamalube is cheaper than amsoil. why not use the recommended oil? I have 210k on my Ford running non other than motorcraft which is hella cheap at walmart.
    Reaper you make a good point that Motorcraft oil is much cheaper at Walmart. But the oil for my Toyota Camry needs 0w-16 synthetic oil so I place a order for both my car 0w-16 and 15w-40 ski. Its hard to find 0-w16 at times,so I use Amsoil.

Hope all Well with you
    C J

+1
    15-50 Mobile 1 in all our families 4 Supercharged 1800's. 450 or so total hours, 1 clutch. Synthetic is not more "slippery", it has better film strength which in my opinion reduces wear, even in clutches which are metal roller bearings. I believe clutch life is more related to riding styles. We ride hard and fast, just not constant on-off-on-off throttle all the time.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LT1GMC View Post
    15-50 Mobile 1 in all our families 4 Supercharged 1800's. 450 or so total hours, 1 clutch. Synthetic is not more "slippery", it has better film strength which in my opinion reduces wear, even in clutches which are metal roller bearings. I believe clutch life is more related to riding styles. We ride hard and fast, just not constant on-off-on-off throttle all the time.

I wonder if the thicker oil made a difference

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information