How fast would I go

Quote Originally Posted by Leo1408 View Post
    Got it stage 1 is gonna be thx my friend
    Do you know bone stock with stg1 tune
    How fast would I go
    Riva says 77. Check their website

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboX View Post
    Exactly, Im personally thinking of going a Stage 2 with a 13/20 and hoping that RPMs would remain at or below 8500 but pick up more MPH.

Too bad, Im replacing clutch.

BTW- Is Canyon open ? Ive been on Medina the last 2 weeks with zero issues.
    Canyon has been closed for the weekend so we dont have a ton of people for easter.
    Ramps are supposed to open back up today at 5pm. I will be down there to find out if they do open them.

Ok thx friend!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_NJ View Post
    Hey guys,

Hope everyone is safe and healthy during this pandemic. Iíd like to preface this post with the statement that Iíve used the search function over and over again and Iím not getting great results. If this has been answered and youíd like to post a link to another thread, have at it, but please donít yell at me .

Anyway, I have a 2019 GP1800r with a stage 1 tune. Love the ski and the performance, best I got was 77.2, but itís more of a consistent 76. Iíd like to do some more mods, but Iím not really interested in going stage 2 as Iíve seen some pretty reliable stage 1 plus skis.

Would you recommend stage 1 plus as itís sold by Riva? Difference between 13/18 and 13/20? Should I be doing a ribbon delete as well. Any guidance and experience you guys have would be greatly appreciated.
    You cannot just buy a prop and expect it to perform. You tune you prop last to achieve your target RPM's. I wouldn't waste my money on just a Riva stage 1 tune...IMHO they way overstate their gains. Speed costs money...how fast do you want to go? Depends on how much you want to spend. Here's what I would recommend for a great RELIABLE and fun ski that will bring a smile to your face every time you ride it. Riva (or others) performance intake, ribbon delete, Jim's Performance cut ride plate, TJ's exhaust mod, Dean's Team tune to 8500 (or 8650 if you want to push to the max RPM without having to need new springs and retainers), and a Fizzle Y1000 with genuine Tial BOV. Spend the extra money and get the Fizzle upgraded cooling kit for the IC only. Drill out your water strainer holes to the next larger size. With that package you should be pushing 80 mph. FINALLY...get a Solas 14/20, and tune it to the required RPM. Set your trailing edge to achieve about a 150-200 RPM differential between WOT and rev limiter. I run this exact package on my '16 FXCSVHO and it runs a consistent 80 mph @ 8000 RPM. (I have a Solas 14/21 and have not tuned it yet). It should be an 84-85 MPH ski once tuning is complete...my rev limiter is set at 8650. Once my prop is tuned my ski will smoke a Stage 2 for way less money.

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean_29512 View Post
    You cannot just buy a prop and expect it to perform. You tune you prop last to achieve your target RPM's. I wouldn't waste my money on just a Riva stage 1 tune...IMHO they way overstate their gains. Speed costs money...how fast do you want to go? Depends on how much you want to spend. Here's what I would recommend for a great RELIABLE and fun ski that will bring a smile to your face every time you ride it. Riva (or others) performance intake, ribbon delete, Jim's Performance cut ride plate, TJ's exhaust mod, Dean's Team tune to 8500 (or 8650 if you want to push to the max RPM without having to need new springs and retainers), and a Fizzle Y1000 with genuine Tial BOV. Spend the extra money and get the Fizzle upgraded cooling kit for the IC only. Drill out your water strainer holes to the next larger size. With that package you should be pushing 80 mph. FINALLY...get a Solas 14/20, and tune it to the required RPM. Set your trailing edge to achieve about a 150-200 RPM differential between WOT and rev limiter. I run this exact package on my '16 FXCSVHO and it runs a consistent 80 mph @ 8000 RPM. (I have a Solas 14/21 and have not tuned it yet). It should be an 84-85 MPH ski once tuning is complete...my rev limiter is set at 8650. Once my prop is tuned my ski will smoke a Stage 2 for way less money.
    Thank you Butterbean, I appreciate the advice.

+1
    I have a stage 1+ and never saw over 77mph until it was freezing. They overstate big time.
    Im just now able to hit 80 by shimming the ride plate and added a Worx cooling line directly to the intercooler.

I have suspected exactly what you are saying and all the naysayers say different. Thanks for confirming my thoughts, just a question. You say 14/21, Ive been thinking of going from a 13/18 to a 13/20 but now you got me thinking. What do you feel the differences would be between a 13/20 and 14/21 ? BTW- Im on a Riva tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9789 View Post
    I have a stage 1+ and never saw over 77mph until it was freezing. They overstate big time.
    Im just now able to hit 80 by shimming the ride plate and added a Worx cooling line directly to the intercooler.
    I agree and have similar results as you, I thought exhaust was a proven no performance gain mod ????

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information