GP1800 - I would like to mount some speakers similiar to the Tech Package on the FX

Any suggestions for mounting more than one small bluetooth speaker as per the pwcmuscle kit?

I am looking to put some good sound on my GP and I was curious about retrofitting the center console plastic piece from an FX to a GP for the speaker mounting locations...

Let me know any idea's you guys have or what people have done in the past, one bluetooth speaker is definitely not loud enough, maybe the ECOXGEAR setup is decent?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Matt

Excellent Question... Is the ECOXGEAR worth it for the FX Chassis?
    of should i go with a JBL + PWC Brackets combo?
    or a JBl boombox?

coming from a 2018 R$XT ST3 hull with speaker package , I want to have something similar in audio if not better.

Input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

+1
    The stand alone bluetooth speakers loudness are good if docked or idling only.
    For around $900 you can get a Marine JL Audio setup that works on the GP1800.
    MBT -CRXv2 Bluetooth Controller $98
    M3-650VEX Speaker Pods $387
    MX-280/4 Amplifier $252
    PS-SWMCP Mounts $135
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	309.0 KB 
ID:	460140  

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by John F. View Post
    The stand alone bluetooth speakers loudness are good if docked or idling only.
    For around $900 you can get a Marine JL Audio setup that works on the GP1800.
    MBT -CRXv2 Bluetooth Controller $98
    M3-650VEX Speaker Pods $387
    MX-280/4 Amplifier $252
    PS-SWMCP Mounts $135
    love it, can I get some close up pics and where you mounted controller and amp?

thanks a ton for the info.

+1
    I had a JL audio setup on my last FX.
    The pic that I shared was just showing it has been done on the GP1800.

This link below is my current setup.
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...light=JL+audio

M3-650VEX are 387 on onlinecarstereo.com -> use coupon codeCSPKR15 for an extra 15% off, 329$ out the door.

What are you guys doing about battery ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboX View Post
    What are you guys doing about battery ?
    Deka ETX16L

10. +1 by:

This is exactly what I have on my GP1800 and vx cruiser. Works great and I mounted the amp under the seat bracket and use a stinger battery. I actually built a sub box for a marine JL audio 10" and put it in the front of the fx cruiser. Hits hard for what it is and no one on the lake has a better sounding jet ski. Those Vex pods can get loud if you turn the gain up. Just adjust gain with your bluetooth controller turned all the way up so you don't blow the speakers.

I looked at the previous model of VX speakers at my local dealer last year...
    The small square ones that were out before these:
    https://www.shopyamaha.com/product/d...-motor-company

They use a RAM mount to attach...if they are loud enough, they'd be a nice set up. You can use the RAM mount for other things (GoPro on once side, single speaker on the other...or mount a GPS...).

I took a good look at the installation instructions - seemed pretty easy. It includes a template for drilling the hole to mount the RAM balls. Just pop out the glove box to get access to put the washer and nut on.

If anyplace ever gets them in stock, I'll probably buy a pair.

Leading up this I tried the JBL Extreme 2. It was a nice sounding, loud speaker - but when attached to the handle behind the seat (even when on the seat facing forward) it wasn't loud enough to overcome the wind/engine noise above about 30mph.

Right now I am experimenting with a couple Monster Puck speakers from Sam's Club ($29). They have bungee cords built in...attached to the handlebars. Despite being much smaller and less powerful, the handlebar mount make them easier to hear than the JBL Extreme. They are decent into the mid 40mph range.

I suspect the PWC Muscle mount and a JBL Charge 4 would probably be about as good or better than the Yamaha solution, but without the versatility.

Thread Information