Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by prowler1k View Post
    Mid 80's?
    It gets pretty spendy to make that happen.

If you want to hit that number I would suggest a 142 wheel/injectors/tune and prop accordingly. If you want to do the cone, it sounds like people do get positive results but it requires a fair bit of patience to dial it in.

Fizzle pipes and upgraded intercooler are on my to do list, and will help, but less so in your environment.

Get more air into your hull (search) and that will help.

hey man, for the mods in your signature ... which riva tune do you have in? Stage 2 + imuk?

Quote Originally Posted by Davrac View Post
    Ha ha. All testing was done in Australia over summer so looking at air temps of 40° Celsius I saw about 3° Celsius max difference within the hull with no extra venting. Water temps of 27°c and MAT/IAT of 30’s
    Are you kidding me? That's all? I'm surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by SIECIKSuc View Post
    When you say outerwear material is that like a brand?
    If you have any links that would be super helpful!

Thank you.
    Yes. Here is the link from Amazon. Big 2 ft. x 2 ft. piece for short money. It repels water very well as you know I have it over the pylon hole and have done a lot of jumping since I installed it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000TYGHZY/ref=cfb_at_prodpg

Quote Originally Posted by ataggart View Post
    When are you coming to MD? What part? I'd be interested in meeting up and seeing how it is if I haven't already splurged on parts.
    I come down to Swan Point on the Potomac to visit friends every year, they throw a pretty solid party on the water.

Not sure when it will happen this year with everything that is going on but prob sometime in July.

Not sure how close/far you are from there.

I come down to Swan Point on the Potomac to visit friends every year, they throw a pretty solid party on the water.

Not sure when it will happen this year with everything that is going on but prob sometime in July.

Not sure how close/far you are from there.
    Ah not super far. You'll pass me on your way down. I'm usually riding in the Magothy River just further north from there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by guybb3 View Post
    So I take it your happy your mod isn't costing you to much performance...I take it.

Quote Originally Posted by guybb3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    So I take it your happy your mod isn't costing you to much performance...I take it.
    I did it mostly so I can listen to the supercharger whistle. These things are so stupid fast I can't tell if it's faster or slower anyway. The thing hits 74 (low fuel and one rider) before the computer pulls it back. Somebody else brought up a good point. They said the intercoolers were so efficient on these that the intake temps (unless ridiculously high) don't matter anyway. Your thoughts?

Time for another update...

Rode 68 miles on Saturday, and had a great time doing it... but I am not real happy with the ski...
    I don't know how else to explain it, but I feel like something is off/wrong.

Here was our run: https://www.relive.cc/view/v26M8ArGw3O
    (I hope that link works)

So my main issue has been that I honestly can't feel a difference in the ski at all, except for at the highest end portion of things (which might only be because I am reaching for some sort of "felt" difference).
    When I say the highest end portion of things I mean the 60+mph range...

The weather has not been really cooperative either, but on these runs there was a few areas of clean flat water and the ski is just not getting after it like I felt like it was last year.
    It also doesn't help that my pals GP1800R is RIIPPPINNGGG Me to shreds off the line... I mean, it's insane the difference...
    It's also not like I am comparing it to completely different air/water temps... we are talking less then 5 degrees difference at max, and often much much closer.

I will start with my ski, and what I am experiencing.

I can run up to mid 70's no problem but I am not seeing over 76-77 on the dash ever.
    By comparison with only a SCOM last year I would run 78-79 in those same conditions.
    Yes the speedo is off, but it's not going to be off by difference amounts now that I had the work done...
    In sport mode the ski feels more peppy, but it's not honestly doing enough on the low end of the arch to make the ski feel like it's faster with all that was added to it...

Things that were added that I am wondering if they hurt performance...
    1. Strainer, I don't really know how it could be, but perhaps it's slowing the flow of water into the intercooler enough to perform worst than stock?
    2. Recall Grate. They did put the new grate in while they were doing this work. I am wondering if the new grate is killing a few mph on me somehow as I saw some posts about that earlier today?
    3. Something not put back together right and I am leaking boost or something?
    4. In the first few days of the season I damaged the prop or blistered the edges enough to mess with my top end.
    5. Something I am not thinking about like maybe Oil is overfilled and I am feeling the effects.
    6. Short stack intake is not pulling in enough air and I need to add holes to the under seat areas like people have done to let her breath more.

I was considering changing the maptune to the Stage 2 AGR ATR tune instead of the Stage 2 + IMUK tune, to see if I get that low end pull that I am seeing my buddy get on his Yammie. (he has the Stage 1 AGR ATR tune)

It's driving me crazy that I am not able to at least push equal to where I was bone stock, with just a SCOM.

As for Revs, I am seeing spikes over the 8040 stock limiter into like 8200-8400 when I unhook, but I am not seeing anything consistent over 8k when hooked in the water...

I am wondering if contrary to the numerous posts about running great numbers on the stock prop, if the prop is holding me back... I would think it's the other way around... I am not running enough revs to repitch?
    I thought that the reason you repitch is to bring revs down so the engine can keep pushing = more top end speed.

Now on the flip side... My buddy with the GPR put in a Stage 1 + from riva.
    He's seeing 82-83 on the dash consistently (we know the dash isn't accurate but it's a marked improvement from stock speeds on the same dash).
    What blows me away is that out of the hole, he takes a 4-5 ski leap on me from 0-40's.
    It's like I am sitting still... He's also getting cavitation as his ski is basically bouncing off the redline 1-2 times before hooking up and he's still pulling that far instantly.
    When we get into the late 50's-60's I start to walk back that lead, but at 75-76 I haven't made up the ground completely and I am not going any faster really and he holds that lead or slowly starts gaining.

I am going to be pulling my hair out all summer if dumping $5k into my ski made it slower...
    Even more so if I have to listen to my Yammie friends give me shit non-stop.

I am trying to come up with a checklist of things to do to ensure this is really what I am maxing at and there isn't anything wrong.
    Any/all help would be seriously appreciated...

If Riva is getting 81 out of their: Intake/Stage 1 Tune/and Impeller
    I would think I could do the same: Intake,Stage 2 + IMUK Tune,Waterbox,Exhaust,IMUK,Fizzel Intercooler with hard pipes

If the Impeller is that much of a difference, How was I riding the 8040 rev limit before this at 79mph ??
    I would think I would be able to at least match that no?
    Ughhh.

Thanks to everyone in advance for any help/suggestions.

+1
    Thanks to everyone in advance for any help/suggestions.
    Not to say I told you so....cause we've all been there, including myself(IE Riva stage 4 kit disaster for my 2012 PX just for starters) Not to mention my turbo ski build and every other go fast part of wasted money on that didn't help me go fast.

Ok...I told you so...earlier in this thread about all those parts you where just talking about buying would do nothing for performance. If anything you've slowed water flow down to your IC with a strainer and added a stubby intake which from what at best does nothing for performance if not hurts it as far as I'm concerned. Now your telling us your impeller is damaged. You have to fix that for starters. Yes you can have it pitch blocked/balanced/race finished/diameter fixed as needed and the difference is night in day in performance....very few people do that though. Yet they will spend 1000s of dollars on mods that don't do anything. You should have summer impeller and a winter impeller...tuned to an average expected RPM desired if you want to maximize performance.

Stage 1 and Riva Intake and optimize your impeller and you would've been good to go.

Stage for Stage the GP1800 will be faster assuming same conditions, fuel loads, rider weight....Don't feel bad they still suck and are sketchy feeling to ride fast.

Take a pick of your grate and post it up...like to compare it to my 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Not to say I told you so....cause we've all been there, including myself(IE Riva stage 4 kit disaster for my 2012 PX just for starters) Not to mention my turbo ski build and every other go fast part of wasted money on that didn't help me go fast.

Ok...I told you so...earlier in this thread about all those parts you where just talking about buying would do nothing for performance. If anything you've slowed water flow down to your IC with a strainer and added a stubby intake which from what at best does nothing for performance if not hurts it as far as I'm concerned. Now your telling us your impeller is damaged. You have to fix that for starters. Yes you can have it pitch blocked/balanced/race finished/diameter fixed as needed and the difference is night in day in performance....very few people do that though. Yet they will spend 1000s of dollars on mods that don't do anything. You should have summer impeller and a winter impeller...tuned to an average expected RPM desired if you want to maximize performance.

Stage 1 and Riva Intake and optimize your impeller and you would've been good to go.

Stage for Stage the GP1800 will be faster assuming same conditions, fuel loads, rider weight....Don't feel bad they still suck and are sketchy feeling to ride fast.

Take a pick of your grate and post it up...like to compare it to my 2018.

I will heed your words. Catch can next, gonna vent the hull(not for faster speeds but maybe more consistent higher ones?), and I think that's it. 78-80Mph on dash with warranty and 200$. I put a down payment on my unit at the Detroit boat show and got a free 4 year warranty. My earlier run was only at 6 hours of break in, this one was around 14-15 hours, slightly less fuel to.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3079349

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information