Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Water temp effects performane alot more than outside air temp. One of the last things you air charge will see before it goes into the engine is the IC. If you are riding in cold water then your air charge will be nice and cool. Out side air does not matter. Thats why so many people reroute there cooling system so that the IC will get the fresh/coolest water first.
    How much cool water you running around there in Texas.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Davrac View Post
    The Maptuner platform is great. It’s not just “files” that are flashed, there is a lot of R&D that has gone on and collaboration between all parties involved. Then you have the benefit of customisation of the maps and the support that is on offer.

on another note, I have installed temp probes and recorded data of temps within the hull. You would be surprised at results. The biggest benefit you can do is get more air into and out of the hulls. That will reduce the in hull temps. Having an efficient intercooler setup is also a key component reducing the spread of temps
    Let's say no extra holes in the ski, are you saying the SC will see the same air temp with both the Stuby Intake and front mount Riva Intake? That is the question i'm curious about.

+1
    With how fast the motor consumes air, at speed, is there even enough time for incoming air to heat up before it gets used up?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post

85*F MAT yesterday at Lake Somerville, according to I2 logging.

+1
    Let's say no extra holes in the ski, are you saying the SC will see the same air temp with both the Stuby Intake and front mount Riva Intake? That is the question i'm curious about.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    With how fast the motor consumes air, at speed, is there even enough time for incoming air to heat up before it gets used up?
    I've run the K&N screen filter at the turbo and thur kanaflex up front. At most a few degrees difference in MAT readings as all incoming water goes thur the IC to cool the air charge. I usually see a 10* difference between water temps in the summer and MAT. Outside air temps don't matter unless its really cool air.

7. +1 by:

+1
    Where I ride? NONE! lol

+1
    Here is a prime example of what I am talking about.
    In 2011 a group of us went to Laughlin Nevada, In August. Any body that knows that area will tell you the air temps will be in the 100+++ range during that time. Now I took my 08 Rxtx that had CAI, the FA removed and a prop. You would think that going from 90 deg temps in Texas to 100 plus temps in Nevada the ski would run slower. NOT! Two things. The water temp was in the 60's and there was very low humidity compared to were I ride in Texas. When just a week before I was barely seeing 8000 rpm in Texas, I could not hold the throttle wide open in Nevada, I was banging the rev limiter while we were there. So air intake temps are really not that important IMO.

+1
    Besides, think about a turbo ski. Were does it get the majority of its intake air. lol

Ski is done today...

They said it was crazy 4ft chop but they were hitting 76-77 no problem in bursts, and it had more to go on it's top end (on the dash).
    Said "it will do 80+ no problem" again that's using the dash...

Honestly I don't even care about the speed I just want the damn thing back already....

Also the mechanic said that he couldn't load any other tunes once he loaded the first tune? That it would let him select the tune but then give it an error message.
    I thought that you get access to all of the Riva tunes, so I think I need to hit up Jesus and find out what's going on.

Also...

Can someone point me in the direction of that "air holes" post that everyone keeps referencing...
    I'm never going to be running with my seat off, so I need to put a few breathers in so that the hull can get some more air.
    Frogskinz seems to be the common cover solution but I would like a few ideas so I can do this nicely.

Thanks everyone.

If all goes well, VBox #'s and GoPro vids to follow this weekend.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread Information